Faculty Research Symposium
Faculty Commons is pleased to announce the 2023 Faculty Research Symposium (FRS), set to take place on Thursday, November 2nd in Merrill Hall. The awards reception begins at 5 pm. This showcase of scholarly and creative research explores the intellectual pursuits that shape our campus community and contribute to the advancement of knowledge in diverse fields. All faculty are invited to attend and discover the passion, expertise, and commitment of the Jax State faculty. The FRS is the product of the hard work and dedication of the FRS Planning Committee. Please check this page frequently for updated event details.
This series supports the commitment of JSU’s Strategic Plan including the following strategic goal(s) and objectives:
1. Engage (Commitment 2): Create symbiotic partnerships that impact the university learning environment, providing additional opportunities for the exchange of ideas, experiential learning, and community engagement, while allowing university members to give back to the community.
2. Discover (Commitment 3): In an age of rapid educational change and innovation, we will continue to advance our capacity for creating diverse, meaningful, and accessible learning opportunities that prepare all learners (faculty included).
- To provide faculty with an outlet to share research and creative scholarly works with the JSU faculty community.
- To provide a collaborative space for faculty to connect with colleagues across disciplines.
- To celebrate the scholarly accomplishments and achievements of the faculty at JSU
- To share innovative ideas with faculty members outside of one’s own discipline.
- October 6, 2023 - Faculty Proposals Due
- October 19, 2023 - Registration Deadline for attendance, keynote speaker luncheon, and awards reception
- November 2, 2023 - Faculty Research Symposium