Instructional Technology Application Checklist
Admission to Graduate Studies
Important dates for applications and receipt of all required application materials for the MS in Instructional Technology are:
- July 1 for fall admission
- November 1 for spring admission, and
- April 1 for summer admission.
Additional admission criteria can be found in the Graduate Catalog.
To be considered for admission to the master’s degree program, all of the following documentation must be submitted to Graduate Studies, Jacksonville State University, 700 Pelham Road North, Jacksonville, Alabama 36265-1602.
- Completed JSU Graduate Application for Admission
- Non-refundable $35 application processing fee
- Official transcript(s) from all postsecondary institutions attended
- Three letters of recommendation to include the candidate’s principal or current supervisor
- If currently an educator, a copy of the candidate’s Professional Educator Certificate
- Current professional vita or resume
- If English is not the applicant’s native language, the applicant is required to submit an official TOEFL score report, an IELTS score report, or a PTE score report.
- Applicants are admitted on a selective basis by the faculty members of the program, upon review of the completed application package.
Minimum Requirements for Master's Program in Instructional Technology
The course requirements and the minimum number of semester hours for each program are provided on each individual program of study sheet in the subsequent sections of the Graduate Catalog. A comprehensive examination is required of all candidates for the master’s degree. In preparation for the comprehensive examination, candidates should contact their academic advisor.
An overall GPA of 3.25 on a 4.0 scale is required on all course work attempted in the Instructional Technology masters program.