Early Childhood (P-3) and Elementary (K-6) Dual Certification UG Program
The Early Childhood (P-3) and Elementary (K-6) Dual Certification ECP Program supports the JSU learning-centered mission through the development of highly qualified teachers who are well prepared to instruct a diverse student population through the development of 21st century knowledge, skills, and dispositions. This program includes:
- Block courses in early childhood education, literacy development, and conceptual knowledge in math, science and social studies.
- A unique model of instruction that includes specialized workshops, a true community of learners, and personalized advisement/supervision
- Specialty courses in teaching diverse learners, 21st century teaching, classroom management, and reading diagnosis
- Coursework and clinical experiences that include co-teaching, urban-suburban-rural settings, and a variety of early childhood/elementary placements: Birth-3, 3-5, 5-8, PK-K-6th Grades
- Professional development for two Alabama Education initiatives: the Alabama Reading Initiative (ARI) and the Alabama Math, Science, and Technology Initiative (AMSTI)
You can complete the ECP program of study and be eligible to apply for Class B Alabama Teacher certifications in P-3 and K-6. For more information on the Early Childhood/Elementary Education Program, please contact the office of Curriculum & Instruction at 256-782-5091.