Special Education Collaborative Teacher (K-6; 6-12) Dual Certification UG Program
The Special Education Collaborative Teacher (K-6; 6-12) Dual Certification Program supports the JSU learning-centered mission through development of special education teachers who can create and implement:
- Universally designed classroom environments
- Standards based data-drive individual education programs
- Collaborative and co-teaching strategies
- Creative, differentiated, and diverse instruction
- Positive behavioral supports
You can successfully complete the Collaborative K-6 & 6-12 program of study and be eligible to apply for Class B Alabama Teacher Certifications in K-6 and 6-12 Collaborative Education. You will take courses on: assistive/educational technology, diversity and responsive teaching, collaboration in elementary and secondary classrooms, methods in autism spectrum disorders, augmentative and alternative communication, and collaborative reading and math methods. For more information on the CLD program contact the office of Curriculum & Instruction at 256-782-5091.