Practicum Experience Protocol
Each semester you are enrolled in a practicum course, you will need to submit a new practicum application.
Things to remember when submitting your application:
- Submit your practicum application as soon as you are registered for a practicum course. We must have your application each semester by the deadline to register for JSU.
- If you need to change any information on your application (changes will be accepted until 1 week past registration deadline) you will need to submit a new application. We will take the application with the latest date submitted.
- If your High School is not listed, select “Unlisted School” which is located at the top of the drop down menu.
- If you are employed and your school is not listed, select “Unlisted School” which is located at the top of the drop down menu.
- Be sure to list all family members at any school within a 70-mile radius to JSU. Family members include: mother/father, brother/sister, aunt/uncle, 1st cousin, mother/father-in-law, brother/sister-in-law, grandparents. You will not be placed where you have family employed or attending school.
- Be sure to list your school year residence as this is the address used for placements.
- There is a section to let us know things to consider for your placement. Please understand that placements are based on offers from school systems and you are not allowed to request a certain school or Cooperating Teacher.