Now Available! TypeFocus!
TypeFocus is a leading developer of online personality type and career assessment resources that will ensure your future is bright.
TypeFocus offers a step-by-step program to meet your career needs:
1. Assess your strengths: Multiple career assessments such as personality, interests, values and skills will help you understand yourself better.
2. Explore occupations: Based on your assessment results you will discover which occupations suit you best.
3. Set goals: Decide where you want to go and create a plan on how to get there.
4. Search for jobs: Improve your success and gain confidence the smart way - by focusing on your strengths.
5. Succeed in any job: Make any employer glad they hired you by developing your key employability skills.
Ready to try TypeFocus?
Step 1: Register in the TypeFocus Career Program
- Login to your MyJSU account
- Locate and click the TypeFocus Icon under the Student Links Section
- Register as a new user
- When you return, sign-in with just your email address and password that you created
Step 2: Complete the four assessments (Personality, Interests, Values, and Success Factors)
Step 3: Review your results (If your Personality Assessment Results do not seem to be a good fit, you can make changes to them using the "Change" link in the left margin and following the steps. *NOTE: each assessment can be retaken!)
Step 4: Explore Occupations matched to your assessment results
Click the "Explore" tab at the top of the screen
- You will find a display of the occupations that match your assessment results. The program is set up to first display occupations that match all three of your assessment results, as indicated by the green check marks.
- If you would like to see more occupations matches, click "View More.". These options match two of the three assessment results.
- Please note the far right column titled "Major or Program." By mousing over the link you will see the programs af Jacksonville State University that are related to the given occupation. When you click on a program, you will be directed to a new window with specific information about the program
Step 5: Review your options and make a final choice for the major of program that would meet your needs
Questions? Contact Jimmeka Leverette, Career Advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 256-782-5092.
Career Services also offers the Myers Briggs Type Indicator and the Strong Interest Indicator career assessments for FREE to active JSU students taking the assessment for career exploration and declaration or change of major purposes. There is a small fee for JSU alum, faculty, staff, and student workers taking the assessment for team development purposes within their department. Career assessments engage one in the career development process of exploring career options and understanding personality type (psychological type theory).
The Career Assessment process is made up of 3 appointments:
1. Take the assessment - computer based - may take up to 1 hour or longer; less time if you're a "quick test taker"
2. Interpretation of results - 1:1 appointment that typically takes 1 hour
3. Follow-up - a short appointment depending upon the needs of the customer
During this process, one will also define personal and career interests and goals. This process is primarily used for career counseling for assistance in choosing a major and a career, but may also be considered for employment and life skills assistance and team building.
The cost breakdown is as followed:
|Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)||$30.00|
|Total per person||$55.00|
To schedule an appointment for a career assessment, contact Jimmeka Leverette, Career Advisor, at email@example.com or 256-782-5092.