Dr. Keith Lowe
Professor of Business Statistics
249 Merrill Hall
- PhD - The University of Alabama
- MBA - Jacksonville State University
- BS - Jacksonville State University
Dr. Lowe is a native of Hokes Bluff, Alabama and has been employed at JSU since 1997.
His publications include 28 scholarly articles in academic journals, 34 peer-reviewed conference proceedings, and more than one dozen additional research articles.
His articles have appeared in the following academic journals:
- Journal of Applied Financial Research
- E-Journal of Business & Economic Issues
- Midwestern Business and Economic Review
- Journal of Business and Accounting
- International Journal of Business, Accounting, and Finance
- Journal of Finance and Accountancy
- Journal of International Finance Studies
- The International Journal of Business and Finance Research
- Journal of International Finance and Economics
- International Journal of Business and Economics Perspectives
- International Journal of Business Research
- Journal of Business Leadership Today
- Business Journal for Entrepreneurs
- The E-Business Review
- Journal of Legal, Ethical, and Regulatory Issues
- International Journal of Education Research
- Academy of Educational Leadership Journal
Additionally, he has presented research at more than 30 peer-reviewed academic conferences and published several book reviews.
- ST 260 – Statistics & Quantitative Methods I
- ST 261 – Statistics & Quantitative Methods II
- ST 345 - Data Analytics for Business
- BA 500 – Statistics & Quantitative Methods (Graduate)
- Gambling Theory: probability of events associated with gaming industry and games of chance, including poker, blackjack, roulette, slot machines and other various outcomes affiliated with casino establishments.
- Gaming Revenues: includes proceeds from casino-based and other related establishments across various U.S. states and gaming commissions.
- Sales Tax Policy: sales tax rates, policy issues such as sales tax holidays, technology in tax collections, and legal decisions across Federal and state governments.
- Stock Market Indices: includes market indicators at the micro- and macro-economic levels and their effects on stock market indices such as the Dow Jones Industrial Average, Standard & Poor’s 500, and NASDAQ.
- Sports Gambling & Policy: sports-related gambling wagers and the expansion of the industry under recent Federal legislation outlined in U.S. Supreme Court decision Murphy v. National Collegiate Athletic Association (2018).
- Consumer Bankruptcy Rates: includes policy and reform issues governing consumer and business bankruptcy chapters such as Chapter 13, Chapter 7, and Chapter 11.
- Financial Statement Variables: analysis of financial statement variables such as income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow account ratios and their effect on stock prices of U.S. companies.
- Payday lending Industry: includes interest rates, policy decisions, and related legislation across various U.S. states governing consumer paycheck loans.