Content Top Nav Left Nav Utility Nav Site Search
Mobile Menu

Veteran Services

More Links

Military Withdrawal

A Military Withdrawal is necessary when service members receive official military orders requiring military service such as deployments or extended mobilizations.  When this official military service affects the ability of the service member to be successful in their classes they can file for a Military Withdrawal. 

Service members that are considering this Military Withdrawal should consult with the Office of Veteran Services, Student Financial Services, and Residence Life (if applicable) before submitting the Military Withdrawal to see what financial repercussions, if any, the student will face.  Military dependents negatively affected by deployments or extended mobilizations should use the Medical/Compassionate Withdrawal process through the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs. 

If approved, the service member will be subject to all JSU refund and academic penalty policies.  If you have questions about Military Withdrawals, or registering at JSU in the future, please contact the Office of Veteran Services at (256) 782-8838 or

Back to Top