- Plan to allow ample time for transportation to and from class by considering traffic congestion, bus connections (if needed) or other possible delays.
- Please allow riders to exit the bus before you board.
- After exiting the bus, use caution and allow the bus to pull away before you cross the street. Unlike regular school buses, traffic is not required to stop for Gamecock Express buses.
- While riding the bus, do not stand in the stairwells or ahead of the white line.
- If you are standing while riding the bus, maintain a firm and secure grip on the handrails.
- Do not enter a street or chase a bus in an attempt to board after the driver has pulled away from the customary stop.
- Use of tobacco products and open containers of alcoholic beverages are strictly prohibited on the buses.
- Radios without headphones may not be played on the buses.
- Pets are not allowed on the buses, except for service animals approved under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Night Transit (Black Route)
Off-Campus Night Transit operates from 5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Monday - Friday while classes are in session, except during home football game evenings and official Jacksonville State University holidays. Off-campus night transit routes are based on rider demand.
Security Shuttle Service Available by Request (Yellow Route)
The night security service offers a safe ride from 10:00 p.m. - 2:00 a.m. on Thursday and Friday nights to several selected off-campus sites while classes are in session except official Jacksonville State University holidays. The Yellow Route will also run Saturday nights in the fall following home football games.
Call in Advanced for this service.
Institutional Support Services
Help Us Help You
The Gamecock Express Transit system drivers are professionally trained as operators for the bus transportation industry. As always, we welcome any comments or suggestions about your experiences using the Gamecock Express. Our goal is to provide reliable service. However, weather and traffic conditions may force unforeseen delays. Also, it may become necessary to change or discontinue certain routes.
Lost and Found
If you think you have left behind or lost an item while using the Gamecock Express, please call (256) 782-3600 with your bus route information and a description of the item in question. Found items are held for thirty days.