Need to register for Gamecock Orientation?
Welcome to the JSU Gamecock Orientation Program! This is the place where new Gamecocks get their college careers off to a great start.
First-year students between the ages of 18-24 are required to attend Gamecock Orientation before the beginning of their first semester at Jacksonville State University.
At Orientation, new students are introduced to a campus community that is filled with academic opportunities, rich traditions, and friendly people.
Central to the Orientation experience are the GO! Leaders and GO! Advisors. These are enthusiastic and well trained individuals committed to providing new students with all the tools necessary for academic and personal success.
Each Orientation session is designed to meet the needs of ALL new students and their families so that they may grow and thrive at JSU. Orientation is just the beginning of a very exciting time for JSU students, so it is our hope that the experience at Orientation will be most enriching and rewarding.
We can meet this challenge by accomplishing the following goals:
• Introduce the JSU undergraduate community to new students from an academic AND personal perspective.
• Provide information and assistance to new students (and their families) so that they may succeed academically and develop socially.
• Utilize GO! Leaders who can share their own experiences as a source of support and information.
• Allow new students to meet each other and interact in small group settings to develop new relationships.
• Provide information on the variety of student services offered on campus so that students will feel comfortable navigating the university on their own.