Freshman Forum is...
Freshman Forum is an Elite Freshman Leadership Institute that allows freshmen at JSU to gain valuable leadership skills that will help them throughout college and in their careers. Freshman Forum is made up of the elite students of the freshman class.
The objectives of Freshman Forum include:
- Utilize campus resources such as career services to inform members about how to be successful in life after college.
- Utilize campus resources such as the Student Health Center to inform students about safe practices on and off campus.
- Identify personal leadership qualities and strengths in an effort to increase the leadership potential of the students
- For students to gain skills such as communication, time management, conflict management, resume building, and “soft skills”
- To further the leadership skills of the Freshman Forum Mentors through facilitation of the meetings and being responsible for their group
- Create a social outlet for freshman students at JSU