1. Student is admitted to JSU and receives The JSU Catalogue and Student Handbook.
2. Academic advisor is assigned to student.
3. Student takes SW 330 (Intro to Social Work) and is given The BSW Program Handbook (grade of "C" or better is required for acceptance into BSW Program).
4. Student passes English Competency Exam (Must Pass Prior To Applying For Admission To The BSW Program). Student passes MS 108 and MS 204 prior to applying for admission to the BSW Program.
5. Student submits application for admission to the BSW Program upon successful completion of SW 390.
6. Student's application is reviewed by the Admissions Committee for a decision on admission (students must have completed at least 30 hours, have at least a GPA of 2.25, have passed the ECE, passed MS 108 and MS 204, and have earned a "C" or better in SW 330, Intro to Social Work).
7. Decision is mailed to student concerning program acceptance.
8. Student meets with advisor each semester to review progress toward completing degree requirements, and obtains approval for their next semester's course schedule.
9. Student submits application for Field Placement during the semester prior to the semester of Field Placement (all social work courses required for the BSW must be completed with a minimum GPA of 2.25 in social work and an overall GPA of 2.25 to be eligible for Field Placement).
10. Student is notified of a mandatory initial organizational meeting about Field Placement that is held during the semester before the Field Placement experience. Students are given an Application for Degree and information regarding the following: Graduating Senior Survey (GSS), Exit Interview Survey, College Base Exam, and graduation.
11. Student completes and returns to the Field Coordinator all required forms for Field Placement and degree. Student arranges to complete required College Base Exam and should at this point email Ms. Karen Gregg (firstname.lastname@example.org), Certification Secretary, College of Arts and Sciences, with their name, student number, and advise Ms. Gregg that they are applying for Field Placement and are requesting that Ms. Gregg review their academic transcript for graduation.
12. Student will schedule an individual meeting with BSW Program Field Coordinator, Ms. Robyn Snider. A date and time sheet will be posted on the door to BH 311 for sign up. Formal planning for Field Placement proceeds with students having no identified deficiencies.
13. College of Arts and Sciences Certification Secretary reviews application for degree and notifies the BSW Program Director and the student of any deficiencies in student's transcript. 14. Student completes degree requirements.
15. Dean's office certifies student for graduation.