Visitor's Parking Information
- Jacksonville State University Police Department has the authority to promulgate and enforce rules and regulations for the operation and parking of motor vehicles on campus. The responsibility of obtaining knowledge of the parking and traffic regulations rests with the motor vehicle operator. These rules and regulations are subject to enforcement on a year-round basis regardless of whether or not school is in session.
These regulations are provided and enforced to ensure the safety of drivers, pedestrians and property, as well as provide adequate parking facilities for all who drive a vehicle on the Jacksonville State University campus. A parking and traffic plan can be successful only when all faculty, staff, students, non-JSU personnel, and visitors abide by the governing regulations.
Each visitor who operates a vehicle on campus must obtain a visitor pass issued by the University Police Department or the Visitor's Center. Temporary permits are available free of charge to visitors and must be displayed on the rear view mirror or visible on the front dash passenger side. Visitors may park in any legal parking space on Campus except for reserved parking spaces, unmarked white curbs or other identifying methods. There is no parking on Trustee Circle or at the Gamecock Express Central Station. State parking laws such as yellow curbs, handicap parking, etc. are enforced at all times. Failure to obtain a visitor parking permit may result in parking citations. Visitors and guests must secure a "Visitor Parking Permit" from the University Police Department, Visitor Center, or building manager for the specific building visited. Visitor permits are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week at UPD. Visitor permits are valid for maximum of (10) days and may park in valid parking spaces.
- For frequent visitors or guest, permanent decals will be made available at the University Police Department for a fee of $25.00. If you have applied for and purchased a Jacksonville State University license plate from the Division of Motor Vehicles, you are eligible for one (1) complimentary University parking permit each year. Visitors must provide the following information to the University Police Department when applying for a permanent visitor decal:
- Name and Address
- Valid Driver's License
- License Plate Information
- Vehicle Make, Model, and Color
- Current Tag Receipt or Copy. This must be presented when picking up parking permit at UPD.
- Changes to information should be reported to UPD for updating registration data.
- Current faculty, staff, and students are prohibited in operating a vehicle utilizing a visitor pass or decal. Persons who repeatedly violate parking rules and regulations or misuse a pass or decal are subject of having their privileges revoked and may face disciplinary and/or criminal actions.
- Questions concerning the Jacksonville State University parking system should be directed to the University Police Department at 256-782-5050. The University Police Department is located at Salls Hall, at the corner of Forney Avenue NW and Cole Drive, across from Campus Inn Apartments.