The JSU Police Department routinely conducts educational programs for both students and employees to help prevent rape, acquaintance rape, and forcible and non-forcible sex offenses. The following are some of the programs conducted by the department:
• Safety and security programs during freshman orientation
• Sexual assault programs for groups of students throughout the year, concentrating on student residences
• Self defense and avoidance courses
• Alcohol and drug awareness programs
• Generalized safety and security programs, concentrating on the residences, fraternities, and sororities
• Other personal protection programs designed for traveling faculty and staff.
This information is provided in accordance with the provisions of the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act of 1998.