Office: 207-B Martin Hall
Telephone: (256) 782-8077
Fax Number: (256) 782-5336
Physical and Earth Sciences
Jacksonville State University
Jacksonville, AL 36265
2. N. Zettili, Solutions Manual to Quantum Mechanics: Concepts and Applications, 2nd edition (John-Wiley, April 2009)
3. N. Zettili, Quantum Mechanics: Concepts and Applications, (Chichester: John-Wiley, 2001); First edition, ISBN 0471-48943-3 (Hardcover), 0-471-48944-1 (Paperback).
4. N. Zettili, How to study effectively in College, (Dhahran: KFUPM Press, 2000).
5. N. Zettili, KFUPM student study guide, (Dhahran: KFUPM Press, 1990).
My research pursuits cover several areas of physics:
• Theoretical Nuclear Physics
• Many-Body Problem
• Mathematical Physics
• Quantum Mechanics
• Physics Education
1. N. Zettili and F. Villars, '"On the construction of a new solvable model and validity of many-body approximation methods," Nucl. Phys. A469 (1987), pp. 77-92.
2. N. Zettili, "Small-amplitude limit of the nuclear Born-Oppenheimer method," Phys. Rev. C Vol. 51, No. 4 (1995), pp. 1777-1783.
3. N. Zettili and N. Bouayad, "On an Exactly Solvable Many-Fermion Model," paper published in: Series on Advances in Quantum Many-Body Theory, Volume 1: Recent Progress in Many-Body Theories, Edited by D. Neilson and R.F. Bishop (Singapore: World Scientific, 1998, ISBN 981-02-3369-8), pp. 189-192.
4. N. Zettili and A. Boukahil, "The Nuclear Born-Oppenheimer Method Applied to Nuclear Collective Motion," International Journal of Modern Physics E, Vol. 11, No. 3 (June 2002), pp. 231 - 248.
5. N. Zettili and A. Boukahil, "Matrix Elements of a Hyperbolic Vector Operator," International Journal of Modern Physics E, Vol. 12, No. 1 (Feb. 2003), pp. 135- 146.
6. N. Zettili, "Guided-Inquiry in Teaching Science," Proceedings of the Frontiers in Science Education Research Conference, March 22-24, 2009, Cyprus, Edited by A. Bilsel & M. Garip (North Cyprus: Eastern Mediterranean University Press, 2009), pp. 281-290.
7. N. Zettili, "The Nuclear Born-Oppenheimer Method and Nuclear Rotations", arXiv:0912.5053, submitted to Phys. Rev. C , December 2009.
• May 2011: Outstanding Teacher Award for 2010—2011: Awarded once a year by Jacksonville State University to the most accomplished teacher in the university.
• August 2010- August 2013: Vetted successfully and served on the National Peer Review Committee of Physics & Astronomy to select the Fulbright Scholars.
• Sept. 2007-June 2008: Fulbright Scholar Fellowship.
• May 2006: Cleo and Carla Thomas Award for Outstanding Community Education & Service, Jacksonville State University.
• May 2005: Distinguished Teaching Award, College of Arts and Sciences, Jacksonville State University.
• May 2003: Faculty Scholar Lecturer Award, Jacksonville State University.
• May 2003: Distinguished Research Award, College of Arts and Sciences, Jacksonville State University.