Professor of Physics
Office: 207-B Martin Hall
Telephone: (256) 782-8077
Fax Number: (256) 782-5336
Physical and Earth Sciences
Jacksonville State University
Jacksonville, AL 36265
Ph. D. Theoretical Nuclear Physics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), June 1986
M. S. Theoretical Nuclear Physics, MIT, February 1982.
B.Sc. Mathematical Physics, University of Algiers, Algeria, June 1979.
1. N. Zettili, Quantum Mechanics: Concepts and Applications, (Chichester: John-Wiley, 2009); 2nd edition, ISBN: 978-0-470-02678-6 (Hardcover), 978-0-470-02679-3 (Paperback). http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/Section/id-WILEY2_SEARCH_RESULT.html?query=zettili
2. N. Zettili, Solutions Manual to Quantum Mechanics: Concepts and Applications, 2nd edition (John-Wiley, April 2009)
3. N. Zettili, Quantum Mechanics: Concepts and Applications, (Chichester: John-Wiley, 2001); First edition, ISBN 0471-48943-3 (Hardcover), 0-471-48944-1 (Paperback).
4. N. Zettili, How to study effectively in College, (Dhahran: KFUPM Press, 2000).
5. N. Zettili, KFUPM student study guide, (Dhahran: KFUPM Press, 1990).
My research pursuits cover several areas of physics:
• Theoretical Nuclear Physics
• Many-Body Problem
• Mathematical Physics
• Quantum Mechanics
• Physics Education
1. N. Zettili and F. Villars, '"On the construction of a new solvable model and validity of many-body approximation methods," Nucl. Phys. A469 (1987), pp. 77-92.
2. N. Zettili, "Small-amplitude limit of the nuclear Born-Oppenheimer method," Phys. Rev. C Vol. 51, No. 4 (1995), pp. 1777-1783.
3. N. Zettili and N. Bouayad, "On an Exactly Solvable Many-Fermion Model," paper published in: Series on Advances in Quantum Many-Body Theory, Volume 1: Recent Progress in Many-Body Theories, Edited by D. Neilson and R.F. Bishop (Singapore: World Scientific, 1998, ISBN 981-02-3369-8), pp. 189-192.
4. N. Zettili and A. Boukahil, "The Nuclear Born-Oppenheimer Method Applied to Nuclear Collective Motion," International Journal of Modern Physics E, Vol. 11, No. 3 (June 2002), pp. 231 - 248.
5. N. Zettili and A. Boukahil, "Matrix Elements of a Hyperbolic Vector Operator," International Journal of Modern Physics E, Vol. 12, No. 1 (Feb. 2003), pp. 135- 146.
6. N. Zettili, "Guided-Inquiry in Teaching Science," Proceedings of the Frontiers in Science Education Research Conference, March 22-24, 2009, Cyprus, Edited by A. Bilsel & M. Garip (North Cyprus: Eastern Mediterranean University Press, 2009), pp. 281-290.
7. N. Zettili, "The Nuclear Born-Oppenheimer Method and Nuclear Rotations", arXiv:0912.5053, submitted to Phys. Rev. C , December 2009.
• May 2011: Outstanding Teacher Award for 2010—2011: Awarded once a year by Jacksonville State University to the most accomplished teacher in the university.
• August 2010- August 2013: Vetted successfully and served on the National Peer Review Committee of Physics & Astronomy to select the Fulbright Scholars.
• Sept. 2007-June 2008: Fulbright Scholar Fellowship.
• May 2006: Cleo and Carla Thomas Award for Outstanding Community Education & Service, Jacksonville State University.
• May 2005: Distinguished Teaching Award, College of Arts and Sciences, Jacksonville State University.
• May 2003: Faculty Scholar Lecturer Award, Jacksonville State University.
• May 2003: Distinguished Research Award, College of Arts and Sciences, Jacksonville State University.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence , then, is not an act, but a habit . (Aristotle)