- NU 446 and 447 Independent Study
- NU 544 Statistical Methods in Healthcare
- NU 345 Communication of Ethics
- NU 340 Professional Practice and Care of the Aging Adult
- NU 400 Research Outcomes and Management
- BSN Program Director
- UAB Geriatric Education Center Faculty Scholars Program
- Editorial Board of Journal of Nursing and Care
- UAB fellow in Leadership Education in Child Health Nursing (LECHN) through Maternal Child Health Bureau (2008-2010)
- Recipient of the Ray and Ruth Ringer Faculty Research Award JSU 2010
- Recipient of the Alabama Board of Nursing scholarship 2007, 2008 and 2009
- Faculty Research Award-JSU 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013
- Certified Nurse Educator
- 2010 Ph.D. The University of Alabama at Birmingham
- 2005 M.S.N. Jacksonville State University
- 2002 B.S.N. Jacksonville State University
- 1995 A.D.N. Southern Union State Community College
- 1992 B.A. Psychology Auburn University
- Mental Health Advocacy
- Childhood Obesity
- Faculty Affairs Committee Chair
- Search Committee
- Ex officio Curriculum Committee, Student Alum, and Admission and Progression
- Graduate Council-College and University
- Professional Development Committee-University
- Institutional Review Board-University
- Administrative Council
- Item Writing Task Force
- Writing Across the Curriculum-Chair
- Sigma Theta Tau
- American Nurses Association
- National League for Nursing
- Sloan Consortium
- Golden Key
- Alabama Council of Administrators and Professional Nursing Education Programs
- Society for Clinical and Translational Science
Publications and Presentations
Gulledge, E., Palliative Care Conference, "Mental Health Issues in the Aging Population,"
Alacare, Jacksonville, Alabama. (May 10, 2013).
Walker, L. P. (Presenter), Gulledge, E. (Presenter), Helms, K. D. (Presenter), Elizabeth A.
Morris Clinical Education Sessions (FACES), "Anxiety Disorders: An Overview," Alabama
State Nurses Association, Montgomery, AL. (April 23, 2013).
Walker, L. P. (Presenter), Helms, K. D. (Presenter), Gulledge, E. (Presenter), Elizabeth A.
Morris Clinical Education Sessions (FACES), "INCORPORATING THE QSEN
COMPETENCY ON EVIDENCE-BASED PRACTICE IN A MENTAL HEALTH CLINICAL
ROTATION," Alabama State Nurses Association, Montgomery, AL. (April 23, 2013).
Gulledge, E. (Author & Presenter), UAB GEC Interprofessional Geriatric Education Conference,
"Geriatric Course Revision within Undergraduate Nursing Curricula," The University of
Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL. (January 24, 2013).
Gulledge, B. (2012). Current effect of sedentary screen time on child-adolescent health outcomes. Journal of Nursing and Care, 1(2), 1000e102.
Gulledge, E. (2012). Current trends in nursing and care: status of the profession. Journal of Nursing and Care, 1(4), 1000e107.
Gulledge, B., Helms, K., & Walker, L. (2012). Personality Disorders: An overview. Presented April 17, 2012, at the Elizabeth Morris Clinical Sessions, Montgomery, AL
Gulledge, E. (2011). Sometimes: Less is more! Healthy Horizons, p.12.
Gulledge, B., & Rice, M. (2011). The influence of self-concept, physical activity, and sedentary screen time activities on blood pressure in 11-13 year old children. Presented February 18, 2011 at the Southern Nurse Research Society Annual Conference, Jacksonville, FL
Gulledge, B., & Rice, M. (2010). The effect of BMI, self-concept, physical activity, and sedentary screen time on blood pressure and heart rate in 11-12 year old middle school students: A pilot. Presented February 5, 2010, at the Southern Nurse Research Society Annual Conference, Austin, Texas.
Gulledge, B. (2009). Body Mass Index (BMI) report cards: should schools be responsible for screening? MCN: The American Journal of Maternal/Child Nursing, 34(4), 209
Gulledge, B. (2009). Inpatient treatment setting. In Wanda K. Mohr (Ed.), Psychiatric mental-health nursing: evidence-based concepts, skills, and practice (352-360). Philadelphia PA: Lippincott, Williams, & Wilkins
Gulledge, E. (2008). The effect of self-concept and sedentary behavior on blood pressure in overweight and at-risk for overweight sixth graders. Presented, April 22, 2008, at the Elizabeth Morris Clinical Sessions, Montgomery, AL
Gulledge, E., & Rice, M. (2007) The effect of self-concept and sedentary behavior on blood pressure in overweight and at-risk for overweight sixth graders. A poster presentation at the University of Alabama at Birmingham, student and faculty day
Gulledge, E. & Crawford, J. (2007) Innovative teaching strategies for pharmacology. Presented April 13, 2007, at the Alabama League of Nursing Annual Meeting, Birmingham, AL
Gulledge, E. & Crawford, J (2007). New approaches to teaching pharmacology. Presented April 17, 2007, at the Elizabeth Morris Clinical Sessions, Montgomery, AL
- Gulledge, E., Waits, P., & Beam, K. (2007). Writes and wrongs of online learning. Presented April 6, 2007, at the Office of Distance Education Technology Showcase, Jacksonville State University
Betsy Gulledge, RN, MSN, PhD
Assistant Professor/BSN Program Director
Jacksonville State University
243 Wallace Hall