The School of Health Professions and Wellness delivers evidence based teaching and learning within professional undergraduate and graduate programs to develop quality nurses prepared to engage within the global healthcare environment with emphasis on practice, service and scholarship.
Empowering exemplary nurses to care for anyone, anytime, anywhere.
To achieve this mission, the College will,
- Deliver innovative quality nursing education programs at the baccalaureate and graduate levels.
- Engage in continuous quality improvement practices to ensure relevance of the curricula in an evolving complex healthcare environment.
- Foster faculty development that enhances the scholarship of teaching, research, and service.
- Recruit, develop, and retain diverse students and faculty who possess knowledge, skills, and attitudes reflective of the nursing profession.
- Develop collaborative partnerships and inter-professional relationships designed to meet the needs of internal and external communities of interest.
- Use technology to foster innovation in nursing practice, nursing education, and evidence-based decision making.
- Promote scholarship, service, and practice activities that include students and faculty.