UPDATED, February 6, 2014-- This course has been CANCELLED.
Jacksonville State University along with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) will present FEMA course L0363, Multi-Hazard Emergency Planning for Higher Education, March 18-20 from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. daily at the Cleburne County Mountain Center, 6751 Highway 78 East in Heflin.
This course is designed to be delivered to teams of campus personnel who are responsible for creating, reviewing, implementing and exercising emergency operations plans (EOPs). The target audience for this course is people who have traditional response or strategic experience, but minimal experience in emergency management planning. The three-day course is primarily interactive presentations coupled with numerous individual and group exercises.
Topics to be covered include:
- An overview of emergency management
- Identifying hazards and using a risk assessment process
- Managing your Emergency Operations Center (EOC) using ICS (Incident Command System)
- Partnering with the community
- Developing and/or revising your Emergency Operations Plan
- Training and testing the plans
- Engaging the campus community
- Campus Staff and Personnel
- Campus Administrators
- Office of Emergency Management/Planning
- Risk Manager
- Public Information Officer
- Security and/or Public Safety Officer
- Office of Facilities Management
- Food/Dining Services Director
- Office for Student Affairs
- Employee/Occupational Health
- Counseling Services
- Information Technology
- Faculty and/or Student Representatives
- External Stakeholders
- Community First Responders (Fire, Emergency, Medical Services)
- City/County Emergency Management
- Community Law Enforcement
There is no fee for attending this course, but participants will pay their own travel expenses.
For more information, please email Melonie Carmichael
Directions to Jacksonville State University at Cleburne County Mountain Center, 6751 Hwy 89, Heflin, Alabama— From I-20, Exit 199 to AL Hwy 78 E; Follow Hwy 78 to mile marker 178; take next left turn onto Forte Drive; travel 1/4 mile to the Mountain Center on the left.
Originally posted- 1/21/2014