The JSU Blackboard Connect system is being upgraded, and now allows you to personalize your preferences for receiving messages! You can define your preferences for receiving emergency and outreach notifications, and even define which methods should be used to deliver each type ofmessage to you – SMS, phone, email (JSU or non-JSU), or any combination that you choose.
The JSU Emergency Alert System phone number reflected on your caller I.D. will be still be 256-782-8558. Program this number into your phone so you will immediately recognize it as coming from JSU Emergency Alert System.
To change your preferences for receiving notifications from JSU, follow these instructions:
- Go to jsu.bbcportal.com. Click the Sign Me Up link, and enter your Name, JSU Email Address, and choose a Password.
- After you click Continue, you will receive an email with instructions on how to complete sign-up. (Parents can enter their own non-JSU email address, but will be required to enter their student’s JSU ID number).
- After clicking the link in the email, you'll be asked to enter an identification code - enter your Student ID or Employee ID INCLUDING the leading zeros.
- You'll be asked to enter a phone number or email address - Enter your JSU email address
- Click on Edit My Contact Information. From here you can add or edit phone numbers and email addresses, as well as choose whether you want to receive voice calls or text messages for each phone number.
- Select how you would like to receive notifications by making selections under the Subscriptions tab (JSU Alert is for emergency and public outreach communications from the University Police Department).
For more detailed instructions on how to edit your contact information and subscriptions, please see http://www.jsu.edu/distance/blackboard/Blackboard_Connect.html#campus