|Office of Public Relations
Our Mission Statement
The Jacksonville State University Office of Public Relations seeks to enhance the University’s public identity and foster positive relations between the University and our stakeholders through the collection, preparation and dissemination of news using both traditional and technologically advanced means.
The JSU Office of Public Relations is the official voice of the University and supports the University’s mission, goals and strategic plan while striving to provide clear, accurate and consistent information:
- Internally, to our students, alumni, administration, faculty and staff; and
- Externally, to parents, government and community leaders, and the public-at-large.
By recognizing and reporting the activities and accomplishments of our students and faculty, we make known the University’s ongoing mission to provide educational, cultural and social experiences for a diverse undergraduate and graduate student population, and cultivate JSU’s vision to be the regional comprehensive institution of choice for students who want a strong, high quality education.
Serve as the official liaison between Jacksonville State University, the media and the public;
- Function as the hub of an effective internal communications network within the University community of students, administrators, faculty and staff;
- Supply standards and offer expertise and guidance to individuals, groups and departments on campus needing assistance with media relations;
- Provide leadership and promptly communicate information to the university community and the media during crisis situations.
How to Reach Us
The JSU Office of Public Relations is located in Suite 301, Bibb Graves Hall.
Our main office phone number is (256) 782-5636
Our fax number (256) 782-8441