Checking Cookie Setting in Internet Explorer 6 or Earlier
To check your settings to ensure that cookies are enabled, complete the following steps:
- Click on the Tools option in the Internet Explorer Menu to retrieve the following drop-down menu.
- Click the Internet Options... option at the bottom of the menu box to retrieve the Internet Options menu box.
- Click on the Security tab in the Internet Options menu box.
- Click on the Custom Level... button in the Custom section of the Security Menu Box to retrieve the Security Settings Menu Box.
- Scroll down the menu options until you get to the Cookies section and check to ensure that the second or third option (Enable or Prompt) in both of the Cookies sections of the Security Settings box is checked. If one of these is not checked, click in the circle next to one of the options to enable cookies.
- Click the OK button at the bottom of the Security Settings menu box to exit out of the settings.
- Click the Apply button at the bottom of the Internet Options menu box if necessary. If the Apply button cannot be clicked, click the OK button to exit out of the menu box.