- The Wall Street Journal: Campaign 2008 -- News coverage of the 2008 presidential elections, with an emphasis on fundraising and other financial aspects of the campaigns. Features news stories, analysis, video clips, political polls, trends, a campaign contribution database, interactive graphic comparing fundraising of candidates, candidate scorecard, and more.
- FEC Filings From Prospective 2008 Presidential Campaigns -- Official records of Federal Election Commission (FEC) filings for the 2008 presidential election, including Statement of Organization and Statement of Candidacy forms.
- NPR: Election 2008 -- PBS Online NewsHour's coverage of the 2008 presidential elections features in-depth interviews with candidates (video, audio, and transcripts), a blog with campaign updates, news and analysis, and candidate profiles. Also includes a primary and caucus calendar, lesson plans, and links to other PBS programs covering the election.
- Vote USA 2008 -- News coverage of the 2008 U.S. presidential election, from a British perspective. Provides news stories, background about presidential elections, candidate profiles, presidential primary and caucus dates, and analysis of issues that will shape the presidential race, such as the Iraq war, national security, immigration, and health care reform.
- 2008 Primary Elections by State -- chart listing presidential and state primary election dates, plus the number of Representative seats up for re-election, and more.
- Democratic National Convention
- Republican National Convention
- Electoral College FAQs
- Voter Registration Form
- Who's Running? -- campaign websites for the 2008 presidential candidates
- Elections 2008 -- The University of Michigan's Documents Center election website. Contains info on presidential candidates, congressional candidates, state candidates, campaigns, policy issues, elections and voting, historical elections, and more.
- Gasoline Prices Changes: the Dynamic of Supply, Demand, and competition -- 2005 FTC Report
- Why are gasoline prices so high?
- Fuel Cost Calculator -- estimate the fuel cost of your trip
- Find the Lowest Gas Prices in Your Area
- Primer on Gasoline Prices
- Measuring Stability and Security in Iraq -- quarterly DOD reports to Congress:
- Government Views on Iraq -- links to U.S. Congressional Hearings and Resolutions, Federal Agency reports, transcripts of press conferences and briefings, USAID Fact Sheets, legislation, news releases and Presidential Communications, as well as texts of United Nations Security Council Resolutions, the Geneva Conventions and Protcols, selected international treaties and information on governance post Saddam Hussein including regulations, memoranda, orders and public notices from the Coalition Provisional Authority as well as resources re the Iraqi national elections on 30 January 2005 and information re the Iraqi Transitional Government.
- Abu Ghraib Prison
- Saddam Hussein and Iraq -- selected resources on the March-April 2003 US led military campaign against Saddam Hussein's Iraq, and the broader context in which it occurred. Topics covered include Operation Iraqi Freedom, the debate over military action, life under Saddam, and the issue of weapons of mass destruction (WMD).
- Post-Saddam Iraq -- links to selected resources on the political, economic, security, and other aspects of Iraq since the fall of the Ba'athist regime of Saddam Hussein in April 2003.
- Comprehensive Report of the Special Advisor to the DCI on Iraq's Weapons of Mass Destruction (also known as the Duelfer report)
- Iraq War Debate -- site provided by the University of Michigan which contains numerous links to information on the Iraq War and related topics, such as terrorism.
- America's War Against Terrorism -- numerous links to general information on terrorism, the September 11 attacks, terrorism suspects, counterterrorism, and more.
- National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States -- the official website, including the Commissions report on the 9/11 attacks.
- Annotated Bibliography of Government Documents Related to the Threat of Terrorism and the September 11 Attacks
- Al-Qaeda -- links to resources on this Islamic fundamentalist group.
- Afghanistan and the Taliban
- Osama bin Laden
- Public Law 107-56 (original text of the USA PATRIOT Act)
- PATRIOT Act Resources -- guide to understanding the provisions of the act and other resources.
- Hearings of the Senate Committee on the Judiciary Concerning the PATRIOT Act
- Dept. of Justice Information on the USA PATRIOT Act -- official website on the act from the U.S. Dept. of Justice.
- President's Council on Bioethics -- home page of the council which advises the president on ethical issues related to advances in biomedical science and technology, such as stem cells.
- Cloning Human Beings -- the 1997 report and recommendations of the National Bioethics Advisory Commission.
- Biotechnology and Public Policy -- 2004 recommendations from the President's Council on Bioethics.
- Reproduction and Responsiblity -- a report on regulation of new biotechnologies.
- Patenting Human Organisms -- a report on genetic engineering.
- Stem Cells and Stem Cell Transplantation -- information from the MEDLINE database.
- Stem Cell Fact Sheet -- information from the White House on embryonic stem cell research.
- Stem Cell Information -- official information source on stem cell research from the National Institutes of Health.
- Cloning/Embryonic Cells -- information from the National Human Genome Research Institute.
About the FDLP
Browse by Topic