Duties & ResponsibilitiesSupervises the cataloging and processing of library materials; performs original cataloging; and coordinates collection preservation activities.
Normal Working HoursFall, Spring, May & Summer Sessions | Monday-Friday: 7:30 A.M.-4:30 P.M.
Biography:A native of Birmingham, Alabama, Ms. Stevens graduated from Auburn University with a B.A. in English. She worked for a year as the Public Information Assistant at the Hoover Board of Education in Birmingham before pursuing her M.S. in Library Science at The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She spent the next five years working as the Catalog Librarian at Trinity College in Hartford, Connecticut where she cataloged the rare books and special collections materials. She joined the staff of the Houston Cole Library in January 1998 as a Catalog Librarian.
- Poe, Jodi, Bevis, Mary, Graham, John-Bauer, Latham, Bethany and Stevens, Kimberly. "Sharing the Albatross of E-Resources Management Workflow." Chapter in Electronic Resource Management in Libraries: Research and Practice, Hershey, PA: Information Science Reference, 2008.
- Skaggs, Bethany Latham, Jodi Welch Poe and Kimberly Weatherford Stevens. "One-stop shopping: a perspective on the evolution of electronic resources management." OCLC Systems & Services: International Digital Library Perspectives, 2006 (22:3): 192-206.
- Graham, John-Bauer, Bethany Latham Skaggs, and Kimberly Weatherford Stevens. "Digitizing a Gap: A State-wide Institutional Repository Project." Reference Services Review 2005 (33:3): 337-345.
- Graham, John-Bauer, Kimberly Weatherford, and Jodi Poe. "Functional by Design: A Comparative Study to Determine the Usability and Functionality of One Library's Web Site." Technical Services Quarterly (v.21 no.2, 2003), pp.33-49.
- Graham, John-Bauer, Kimberly Weatherford, and Jodi Poe. "Interface-Lift: The Houston Cole Library's Web Page Redesign Project." The Southeastern Librarian 2002 (50:2): 33-39.
- Darby, Della and Kimberly C. Weatherford. "Academic Librarian Status and Benefits in Alabama." The Alabama Librarian 2002 (52:1): 13-19.
- Weatherford, Kimberly C. "A Preservation Primer." The Alabama Librarian Fall 1998: 16-18.
- Weatherford, Kimberly C. "Land of Enchantment: British Fantasy Illustration in the Golden Age." Watkinson Library Fall 1997 Exhibition, Trinity College, Hartford, Connecticut.
- Alabama Library Association 2006 Annual Convention. New Members Roundtable "Mentoring Matters" program. Kimberly Stevens and Bethany Skaggs. (Florence, Alabama, April 26, 2006)
- Southeastern Library Association conference. "Promotion and Tenure Issues for Librarians in the Southeast." Kimberly Stevens and Bethany Skaggs. (Memphis, Tennessee, April 6, 2006)
- American Library Association Annual Convention Poster Session entitled "Functional by Design: The Use of a Comparative Study to Determine the Usability and Functionality of One Library's Web Site" by John-Bauer Graham, Jodi Poe, and Kim Weatherford. (Atlanta, Georgia, June 16, 2002)
- Alabama Library Association Annual Convention Poster Session entitled "Inter-Facelift: The Houston Cole Library's Web Redesign Project" by John-Bauer Graham, Jodi Poe, and Kim Weatherford (Huntsville, Alabama, April 11, 2002.)
- Alabama Library Association Annual Convention AACRL Best Practices: "Adding Electronic Journals to Your Online Catalog" (PowerPoint Presentation) by Jodi Poe and Kimberly Weatherford (Huntsville, Alabama, April 10, 2002)
Jacksonville State University
Jacksonville State University
Houston Cole Library, Basement