Subject specialty:Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Mathematics, Nursing, and Physics & Engineering.
Duties & ResponsibilitiesProvides reference assistance; maintains and develops the Biology, Computer Science, Mathematics, and Nursing collections; acts as a liaison between the library and the Nursing, Biology, Mathematics and Computer Sciences Departments; and conducts instruction sessions.
Normal Working HoursFall, Spring, May & Summer Sessions | Monday: 3:30 P.M.-11:00 P.M., Tuesday-Thursday: 7:30 A.M.-4:30 P.M., Friday: 7:30 A.M.-4:30 P.M.
Biography:Paula Barnett-Ellis is a native of Georgia, and holds two degrees from Georgia Southern University; B.S. in Home Economics, and B.S. in Journalism. She also has a Master of Mass Communications from The University of South Carolina. In addition, she received a Master of Library and Information Studies from The University of Alabama. She completed the Calhoun County Master Gardener training program in 2002, and is currently the editor of the county's MG Web site and the monthly newsletter.
- Charnigo, Laurie and Paula Barnett-Ellis, "Checking out Facebook.com: The impact of a digital trend on academic libraries." Information Technology and Libraries, v. 26 no. 1 (March 2007): 23-34.
- Barnett-Ellis, Paula and Sherri Restauri. "Nursing Student Library Usage Patterns in Online Courses: Findings & Recommendations, Internet Reference Services Quarterly. V. 11 no. 4 (2006): 117-138.
- Poe, Jodi and Paula Barnett-Ellis, "Electronic Reserves for the Nursing Programs at Jacksonville State University. Journal of Interlibrary Loan, Document Delivery & Electronic Reserve. v. 17 no. 1/2 (2007): 67-81.
- Paula Barnett-Ellis and Laurie Charnigo. "Wireless Networks in Medium-sized Academic Libraries," Library Information and Technology 24:1 (2005): 13-21
- Paula Barnett-Ellis and Luke Griffin. "Faculty Use of Electronic Library Resources," Academic Exchange Quarterly 7 (2003): 152-156.
- Alabama Library Association's Annual Convention Best Practices #2: A Harvest of New Ideas - The Mini-Sessions! "Keeping Current in Academe with Blogs and RSS Feeds." Mobile, AL, April 18, 2007.
- Alabama Library Association Annual Convention: Panel member for "Social Networks: The Good, The Bad and the Ugly" College and Special Libraries Division Breakfast and Business Meeting. Mobile, April 19, 2007.
- Mississippi Library 2.0 Summit, poster presentation with Laurie Charnigo, "Facebook-worms: The Impact of an Online Social Networking Trend on Academic Libraries," Mississippi State University, Starkville, MS, June 15, 2007.
- Academe "Blogs and RSS Feeds: Keeping Current in Academe," September 2006.
- American Library Association (ALA) Annual Conference, Poster Session "Facebook-worms: The Impact of an Online Social Networking Trend on Academic Libraries," New Orleans, LA, June 2006.
- Alabama Library Association, Poster Session "Offer it and They Will Come: Wireless Networks in Smaller Academic Libraries," Birmingham, April 2005.
- Southeastern Library Association/North Carolina Library Association joint conference, Poster Session "Offer it and They Will Come: Wireless Networks in Smaller Academic Libraries," Charlotte, NC, November 2004.
- Academe panel discussion "Capturing Our Students' (Cheatin') Hearts: Strategies for Finding and Exposing Plagiarism in the College Classroom,." participant. November 2002.
Jacksonville State University
Jacksonville State University
Houston Cole Library, 6th Floor