ECE and Remediation
The English Competency Exam is a 400-500 word essay exam required for graduation.
Any student who does not pass the ECE must complete ECE remediation.We have qualified learning assistants and
instructors that find and analyze your writing flaws, and help you become a better writer.
The remediation process consists of the completion of six passing essays in no less than six weeks.
Approximately 80% of students who remediate in LS pass the ECE on the next attempt.
Students MUST re-take the ECE within two semesters after successfully completing remediation.
How to Apply for ECE Remediation:
- To sign up for individual assistance for ECE remediation,
please visit our office located on the ground floor of the Houston Cole Library,
or complete the online application:
|Remember: You must have six weeks to complete your essays; therefore, any student who wishes to remediate at the beginning of each semester must sign up for assistance within the first eight days of the semester . This allows us time to prepare you before the exams are given.
Spring 2017 ECE Remediation:
Deadline: Friday, Jan. 13, 2017
ECE Remediation Class:
- Monday/Wednesday- 3:30-5:00
- Tuesday/Thursday- 2:30-4:00
- Tuesday/Thursday- 4:30-6:00
- Monday, Feb. 20, 6:00 P.M.
- Tuesday, Feb. 21, 3:00 P.M.
- 100% online students must contact Susan Sellers at email@example.com to obtain information for the exam through Blackboard
Registration: Jan. 25 - Feb. 8, Closing at 4:30 P.M.
ABSOLUTELY NO LATE REGISTRATION
- Monday, Feb. 13, 6:00 P.M., 125 Stone Center
- Tuesday, Feb. 14, 3:00 P.M., 125 Stone Center
(No registration required for workshop)
For more information regarding the ECE, please visit the English Department website.