The vision of the JSU Center for Disaster and Community Resiliency (CDC) is to harness the collaborative power and collective wisdom of our interdisciplinary team to produce high quality research and policy analyses that advance the state of theory and practice disaster management and resilience.
The JSU CDCR is dedicated to:
- Supporting and engaging in innovative, interdisciplinary research and applications for understanding and improving disaster and community resilience.
- Exploring collaborations with other research centers in pursuit of a more resilient nation.
- Proposing policy initiatives and implementation strategies to promote disaster and community resilience.
- Educating the next generation of scholars, policy experts, and advocates.
- Disseminating information, research and policy positions.
- Engaging important stakeholders to promote resilience in their organizations and communities.
- Providing leadership and support to local, state, and regional organizations, such as the East Alabama Emergency Management Coalition, to help transform resilience concepts into practice and promote disaster resilient communities.