As mandated by the state legislature and the Alabama Department of Education, the JSU Inservice Education Center operates under the direction and authority of a governing board. Under state statute the governing board is charged with the following responsibilities:
1) In cooperation with the Alabama Department of Education, determine policies for the operation of the center, including the days and hours of operation.
2) Approve programs and activities that address needs as identified by needs assessments and/or student achievement data and the plan to access the center's programs and services by its constituent schools and systems.
3) Approve the center's annual budget.
4) Approve program consultants as requested by local education agencies.
5) Delegate to the center director the authority and responsibility for the daily operation of the center, including the development and maintenance of necessary records (financial and programmatic) and the coordination of programs and activities.
6) Approve the annual report of the center's programs and activities.
The current JSU Inservice Education Center Governing Board members are:
|Dr. Sherron Jinadu||Anniston City Schools|
|Lisa Robinson||Attalla City Schools|
|Teresa Johnson||Calhoun County Schools|
|Laura Brown||Cherokee County Schools|
|Cadie Tipton||Clay County Schools|
|Jennifer Dasinger||Cleburne County Schools|
|Tammy Williams||Etowah County Schools|
|Leah Day||Gadsden City Schools|
|Burt Lavendar||Jacksonville City Schools|
|Dr. Gena Thornburg||Jacksonville State University|
|Lisa Williams||Jacksonville State University|
|Karen Phillips||Oxford City BOE|
|Khristie Goodwin||Oxford City Schools|
|Dr. Kim Williams (Chairperson)||Pell City Schools|
|Dr. Matt Akin||Piedmont City Schools|
|Lane Gay||Randolph County Schools|
|Donna Neighbors||Roanoke City Schools|
|Debra Williams||State Department of Education|
|Melissa Adkins||St. Clair County Schools|