Content Top Nav Left Nav Utility Nav Site Search
Mobile Menu

International House

More Links


Application forms for international and American students are available on this web site under the "applications" tab.

Each international student receives a scholarship that covers tuition, dorm room, meals, and insurance. International students are responsible for all travel expenses.

International students come to the International House Program on a J-1 cultural exchange visa and may be required to return to their home countries at the completion of the scholarship to share their experience with their fellow students and countrymen. Additional visa information may be obtained at: from the United States Department of State website.

Each International House Program scholarship is for 1 (one) year. Outstanding students may be selected for a second year. No student receives a scholarship for more than two years.

International House Program Scholarship

Details of International House Program Scholarships will be posted in November 2016; applications will be made available at that time as well.

Pertinent information concerning the International House Program and Jacksonville State University:

  1. The Scholarship recipient will need funds for transportation to the United States and for the return trip to his/her native country.
  2. Students are responsible for their personal and social expenses.
  3. J-1 students cannot work. There is very little work on campus for foreign students, and no other financial aid, except that offered by the International House Program, so funds for personal expenses will be necessary.
  4. The book allowance may not be adequate to buy all the books needed.
  5. Scholarship recipients will be expected to spend approximately ten hours per week in forums, seminars, social events, and community groups as a condition of scholarship.
  6. Scholarship recipients are expected to have a sufficient knowledge of English to successfully pursue a full academic load, as all courses (except foreign languages) are taught in English.
  7. This is a Department of State approved Cultural Exchange Program. Scholarship recipients will come to the United States on a "J-1" visa. At the conclusion of the scholarship, a student may be required to return to his or her native country.
  8. For further information and/or application forms for an International House Program Scholarship, contact: Chandni Khadka, Director of the International House Program, Jacksonville State University, 700 Pelham Road North, Jacksonville, Alabama 36265.

Pay now

Back to Top