PEEHIP Open Enrollment
- PEEHIP open enrollment is a once-a-year opportunity for benefits-eligible employees to review their benefits and make changes to their insurance plan including enroll, change, terminate health, or supplemental and flexible spending benefits coverage.
During this period, there is no wait for pre-existing conditions, and eligible employees should consider their options regarding available health plans, may add or delete coverage for themselves or family members, and review your current PEEHIP coverages to select the most appropriate plan. Eligible employees may also combine allocations with a spouse that is employed at JSU or elsewhere in Alabama Public Education
- Eligible employees can make changes online! Log onto PEEHIP’s Member Online Services for the most simple and convenient way to enroll and make changes to your benefits. It’s easy!
- PEEHIP Statements are mailed mid-June to active and retired members indicating the type of PEEHIP coverage(s) they are currently enrolled in, and informing them about the Open Enrollment period.
- If members do not wish to make changes to their PEEHIP coverage, they do not need to complete the Open Enrollment application. They will remain enrolled in the same or existing plan(s), and the appropriate premium will continue to be deducted.
- If no changes need to be made to current coverage, members do not need to complete new forms, as present coverage will remain.
The Open Enrollment period begins July 1st and ends August 31st annually for changes to be effective October 1st. All Open Enrollment forms and written requests must be postmarked no later than August 31 for the PEEHIP office to accept the request.
The Open Enrollment booklet and Forms are available on the RSA website http://www.rsa-al.gov/index.php/members/peehip. Members can download the information and forms, or members can make changes using the Member Online System https://mso.rsa-al.gov.
All hardcopy forms are to be mailed directly to PEEHIP at the address indicated on the form.
Employee rates are listed below.
||$207.00( without spouse) $307.00 (with spouse)
|Vision (family or single)
|Cancer (family or single)
|Hospital Indemnity (family or single)
|Tobacco User Surcharge
||$50.00 per month member only and $100.00 member and spouse
|Flexible Speding Plan
||Maximum contribution $2,500 per plan year.
Options for making open enrollment changes:
Online - open enrollment changes can be made online at mso.rsa-al.gov.
Mail - complete the appropriate forms provided by PEEHIP in the Open Enrollment Booklet and return to PEEHIP on or before the open enrollment deadline.
|New Enrollment and Status Change Application
New Enrollment / Add or Delete Family Members/Coverage
Other Health Insurance Information
|*Flexible Spending Enrollment Application
||Add Healthcare & Dependent Care Spending
Open enrollment deadline for FLEX PLAN ONLY - Sept. 30
|*Federal Poverty Level Discount Application
||Apply for Federal Poverty Level Discount
* Members who want to participate in the PEEHIP Flexible Spending accounts and the Federal Poverty Level Premium Discount ARE REQUIRED TO RE-ENROLL EACH YEAR. These programs do no automatically renew each year without a new application. OPEN ENROLLMENT DEADLINE FOR THE FLEXIBLE SPENDING PLAN ONLY IS SEPTEMBER 30.