All JSU-enrolled students with a UHRL signed lease agreement will be billed and held liable for the assigned space for the length of time requested.
If you are not enrolled, your contract is null and void.
1. Lease cancellation refers to ending a UHRL signed lease agreement while maintaining JSU enrollment status.
2. Returning residents who have reapplied for the fall semester may cancel starting April 1 and ending August 1.
3. New fall/spring lease agreements may only be canceled starting May 1 and ending August 1.
4. Spring-only lease agreements may be canceled starting December 1 and ending January 1.
5. Summer lease agreements may only be canceled prior to the published move-in date of that summer term.
6. No lease agreement may be canceled after the set deadlines.
Withdrawal refers to ending a UHRL signed lease agreement and JSU enrollment status. Once a student accepts a key, the following withdrawal refund policy will apply.
1. Ninety percent (90%) refund if withdrawal occurs prior to the close of registration.
2. Eighty percent (80%) refund if withdrawal occurs within one (1) week after the close of registration.
3. Fifty percent (50%) refund if withdrawal occurs within three (3) weeks after the close of registration.
4. No adjustment if withdrawal occurs thereafter.
Housing Lease Buyout Request:
Housing Lease Buyout Request refers to an upper-class, JSU-enrolled resident requesting to end a UHRL signed lease agreement.
1. First-year residents are not eligible to request a buyout.
2. Buyout requests will be accepted starting November 1 until Decemeber 1.
3. No buyout requests will be accepted after the set deadline.
4. All buyout requests will be submitted to the Housing Review Board for review.
5. If the request is denied, the resident will remain financially obligated to the UHRL signed lease agreement.
6. If the request is approved, the resident will no longer be financially obligated to the UHRL signed lease agreement, but a $1,000 buyout fee will be added to the resident's student account.
If you meet an exemption and choose to apply for on-campus housing, you are still responsible for your lease. Once a student is assigned to housing and accepts a key, he/she cannot request an exemption.