APPLICATION PROCEDURES FOR UNIVERSITY HOUSING
First Year Residency Requirement:
All first year students are required to live on campus. Additional information is provided below.
Fall 2014 - Spring 2015 New First-Year Student or Transfer Applicants Only
- Students must be accepted to Jacksonville State University before applying for housing.
- A $150 nonrefundable application fee is required at the time of submission.
- You will need your MyJSU username and MyJSU password to apply for housing.
- The Application/Lease Agreement is a legal, binding document for the entire academic year, lasting NINE months.
- Spring ONLY lease agreements last for the spring semester only.
- Paper applications are not available.
The username and initial password are located at the bottom of your JSU acceptance letter. You will use this username and initial password to access your MyJSU account for the first time. After logging in the first time, you must change the password. It is recommended that you memorize this username and new password.
Students may apply online at WebPatron.
Additional Application Information:
- New applications for each academic year will be available beginning October 1.
- Students receiving any type of scholarship must pay the $150.00 nonrefundable application fee; it is not covered by your scholarship.
- Students will receive an email receipt upon submission of the housing application.
- May 1 is the priority deadline for housing applications.
- No assignment information will be sent out prior to May 1.
- Assignment information is emailed to students via the JSU email account on or around May 15.
- Students will be assigned according to the date their application and application fee were submitted online.
- Returning students receive priority, if they apply during the designated reapplication period in February.
- The university cannot guarantee a specific assignment.
- Roommate preference questions will also be used to assign roommates if a requested roommate is not provided by the applicant.
- Applicants may also search for roommates through WebPatron using search criteria.
- We currently do not offer private rooms upon application for housing.
- Daugette and Sparkman Halls are the exceptions to this as all rooms are private in these halls.
- You may request a private room after move in.
- If space becomes available and your request is granted, you may move during the third full week of classes (room change week).
- Students will be required to pay the difference in housing rates.
- Roommate requests must be mutual and must include the correct student number of each roommate.
- Both roommate lease agreements and application fees must be received online by UHRL by the priority deadline of May 1 for the request to be considered.
- Both roommates must select the same living options in the same order of preference.
- Applicants will be assigned another roommate without notification if their desired roommate does not request him/her as a roommate, desired roommate cancels his/her application, or the roommate applications are not received by the priority deadline of May 1.
Click Here: First Year Residency Requirement Exemption Form
For a complete list of exemptions, please visit www.jsu.edu/housing/faq.html.
All first year students must submit a Residence Hall Application/Lease Agreement OR a First Year Residency Requirement Exemption Form.
Students Living in Crow, Curtiss, Daugette, Dixon, Fitzpatrick, Logan, Patterson, Sparkman, and Stadium Tower are required to purchase a meal plan. For more information, please visit Campus Dining Services.