Apply for Housing
APPLICATION PROCEDURES FOR UNIVERSITY HOUSING
Fall 2017 - Spring 2018 New First-Year Students or Transfer/New Upper-Class Applicants Only
- You must be accepted to JSU before applying for housing.
- A $200 nonrefundable application fee is required before you can submit your application.
- You will need your MyJSU username and MyJSU password to log onto MyResCenter.
- The Application/Lease Agreement is a legal, binding document for the entire academic year, lasting NINE months.
- Spring ONLY lease agreements last for the spring semester only.
- Paper applications are not available.
Additional Application Information:
- New applications for each academic year will be available beginning October 1.
- If you are receiving any type of scholarship you must pay the $200.00 nonrefundable application fee; it is not covered by your scholarship.
- We are not able to take your application fee out of your financial aid award.
- May 1 is the priority deadline for housing applications.
- We will send out assignment information via your JSU email account on or around May 15.
- If you do not live on campus for consecutive terms you will be required to submit another application fee.
- You will be assigned according to the date the application and application fee were submitted online.
- Returning students receive priority if you apply during the designated reapplication period in March.
- We cannot guarantee a specific assignment.
- Roommate preference questions will also be used to assign roommates if you do not request a roommate on your application.
- You may also search for roommates through MyResCenter using search criteria.
- Be sure to use RoomSync, a Facebook app for students to search for roommates.
- We currently do not offer private rooms upon application for housing.
- You may request a private room after move in.
- If space becomes available and your request is granted, you may move during the third full week of classes (room change week).
- You will be required to pay the difference in housing rates.
- Roommate requests must be mutual and must include the correct student number of each roommate.
- Both roommate applications and application fees must be received online by UHRL by May 1 to be considered.
- Both roommates must select the same living options in the same order of preference.
- You will be assigned another roommate if your desired roommate does not request you as a roommate, cancels their application, or both applications are not received by May 1.
Click Here To Apply
If you will be living in Crow, Curtiss, Dixon, Fitzpatrick, Logan, Meehan, or Patterson, you are required to purchase a meal plan. For more information, please visit Campus Dining Services.