Master of Science in Education
MAJOR: PHYSICAL EDUCATION
CONCENTRATION: P-12 TEACHER EDUCATION
Core Requirements (18 semester hours):
- HPE 500 - Foundations of Wellness & Sport (3)
- HPE 508 - Research in Wellness & Sport (3)
- HPE 537 - Issues in Wellness & Sport (3)
- HPE 555 - Advanced Anaerobic Physiology (3)
- HPE 556 - Advanced Aerobic Physiology (3)
- HPE 575 - Physical Fitness & Wellness (3)
P-12 Teacher Education Concentration (16-19 semester hours):
- ED 500 - Introduction to Graduate Education and Technology (1)
(Discipline specific section required first semester of enrollment.)
- EIM 503 - Computer Based Instructional Technologies (3)
- HPE 510 - Physical Education Curriculum (3)
- HPE 515 - Assessment in HPE (3)
- HPE 520 - Best Practices in PE (3)
- HPE 540 - Law & Ethics in PE and Sport Management (3)
- *SPE 500 - Survey Course in Special Education (3)
(Students who have not previously satisfied the special education requirement at the undergraduate or graduate level must take SPE 500.)
34-37* Graduate Semester Hours Required for this Degree
- Admission to this program requires clear and renewable teacher certification (Class B certification) in physical education from an accredited institution. Completion of this program leads to eligibility for fifth-year (Alabama Class A) teacher certification in physical education (P-12).
- Candidates admitted (to enroll in courses in a Class A teaching field program) may complete no more than five approved program courses prior to unconditional admission to the program (this includes transfer credit).
- The MS.Ed. with a major in physical education and a concentration in P-12 Teacher Education is a two-year online program. It may be possible to complete the program requirements in less than two years depending on the frequency of course offerings.
- Students in this program are required to purchase College LiveText. College LiveText Education Solutions is a complete development, management, and assessment solution specifically designed for colleges and universities. Additional information on College LiveText can be obtained at http://www.livetext.com.