Master of Science in Education
MAJOR: INSTRUCTIONAL LEADERSHIP
- IL 504 - Graduate Education and Technology (3)
(Required first semester of enrollment.)
- EFD 502 - Curriculum Development (3)
- EFD 552 - Diversity Issues in Education (3)
- EIM 503 - Computer-Based Instructional Technologies (3)
(Note: Students may substitute EIM 504 or EIM 505 if they have met the prerequisites.)
- IL 510 - Action Research (3)
- IL 553 - Leading for Learning (3)
- IL 555 - Management of the Learning Organization I (3)
- IL 556 - Management of the Learning Organization II (3)
- IL 562 - Leading Change for Student Learning (3)
- IL 564 - Law and Ethics (3)
- IL 566 - Internship in Instructional Leadership (3)
- IL 576 - Internship in Instructional Leadership and Residency (3)
- *SPE 500 - Survey Course in Special Education (3)
(Students who have not previously satisfied the special education requirement at the undergraduate or graduate level must take SPE 500.)
36-39* Graduate Semester Hours Required for this Degree
- Eligibility for this program requires valid fourth-year (Class B) Alabama teacher certification in any area.
- All Instructional Leadership majors must be unconditionally accepted into the program.
- Individuals must be unconditionally admitted to the Class A instructional leadership program before enrolling in any leadership courses for the program.
- Completion of this program leads to eligibility for fifth-year (master’s) teacher certification in instructional leadership.
- An overall GPA of 3.25 on a 4.0 scale on all course work attempted is required for program completion before July 1, 2017. Effective July 1, 2017 and thereafter, students must attain a 3.25 GPA to graduate from this program.
- Successful completion of the appropriate Praxis II examination is required before taking Internship, IL 566 and IL 576.
- Experience verification from the applicant’s school system or systems showing three years of full-time acceptable profession educational experience in a P-12 setting; which must include at least one full year of full time P-12 classroom teaching experience, prior to admission to the program.
- Students in this program are required to purchase College LiveText. College LiveText Education Solutions is a complete development, management, and assessment solution specifically designed for college and universities. Additional information on College LiveText can be obtained at http://www.livetext.com.