Master of Science in Education
MAJOR: ELEMENTARY EDUCATION (K-6)
Core Requirements (15 semester hours):
- EED 522 - Classroom Assessment for Learning (3)
- EFD 500 - Research in Education (3)
- EED 550 - Diversity in Today's Classroom (3)
- *SPE 500 - Survey Course in Special Education (3)
- RDG 542 - Strategic Reading Across the Curriculum (3)
- RDG 546 - Multicultural Literature (3)
Teaching Field Requirements (15 semester hours):
- EED 543 - Social Studies and Today's Leaner (3)
- RDG 545 - Teaching Language Arts (3)
- EED 544 - Integrating STEM and STEAM into Practice (3)
- EED 509 - Advanced 21st Century Teaching (3)
- EED 549 - Teachers as Leaders in the Elementary Class Practicum (3)
(To be taken at end of program during Fall or Spring Semester.)
Diversity Requirement (3 Semester Hours):
SPE 500 Survey of Special Education (3) is required unless SPE 300 was satisfied at the undergraduate level. If SPE 300 has already
been satisfied at the undergaraduate or graduate level, candidates must choose ONE of the following course s to satisfy the diversity
33* Graduate Semester Hours Required for this Degree
- SPE 532 Methods and Strategies for Enrichment: Teaching Gifted Students in the Inclusive Classroom (3)
- RDG 530 Methods and Materials for Reading: Teachign Students with Exceptionalities in the Inclusive Setting (3)
- EED 548 Methods for Multicultural Classrooms (3)
- Eligibility for this program requires fourth-year (bachelor’s) teacher certification in elementary education.
- Completion of this program leads to eligibility for fifth-year (master’s) teacher certification elementary education.
- Candidates eligible (to enroll in courses in a Class A teaching field progra) may complete no more than five approved program courses prior to unconditional admission to the program (this includes transfer credit).
- Students in this program are required to purchase College LiveText. College LiveText Education Solutions is a complete development, management, and assessment solution specifically designed for college and universities. Additional information on College LiveText can be obtained at http://www.livetext.com.