Master of Science in Education
MAJOR: EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION (P-3)
Core Requirements (15 semester hours):
Teaching Field Requirements (15 semester hours):
- EFD 500 Research in Education (3)
- EED 550 Diversity in Today's Classroom (3)
- RDG 546 Multicultural Literature (3)
- EED 544 Integrating STEM and STEAM into Practice (3)
- EED 509 Advanced 21st Century Teaching and Learning (3)
- ECE 513 Individualization of Education for Young Children (3)
- ECD 540 Diversity in Today's Classroom (3)
- RDG 538 Teaching Reading in the ECE (3)
- ECE 545 Literacy Intervention in the Early Childhood Classrooms (3)
- ECE 530 Practicum for Young Children (3)
Diversity Requirement (3 semester hours):
- SPE 500 Survey of Special Education (3) is required unless SPE 300 was satisfied at the undergraduate level. If SPE 300 has already been satisfied at the undergraduate or graduate level, candidates must choose ONE of the following courses to satisfy the diversity requirement:
- SPE 532 Methods and Strategies for Enrichment: Teaching Gifted Students in the Inclusive Classroom (3)
- RDG 530 Methods and Materials for Reading: Teaching Students with Exceptionalities in the Inclusive Setting (3)
- EED 548 Methods for Multicultural Classrooms (3)
33* Graduate Semester Hours Required for this Degree
- Applicants to this program must hold bachelor’s level certification (fourth-year) in early childhood education P-3 or P-5 certification from Georgia.
- Completion of this program leads to eligibility for fifth-year (master’s) teacher certification in early childhood education (P-3).
- Candidates admitted (to enroll in courses in a Class A teaching field program) may complete no more than five approved program courses prior to unconditional admission to the program (this includes transfer credit). Exceptions to this rule must be approved by the Dean of the School of Education and the Director of Graduate Studies.
- Students in this program are required to purchase College LiveText.