Master of Science in Education
MAJOR: EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION (P-3)
Core Requirements (7-10 semester hours):
Teaching Field Requirements (27 semester hours):
- ED 500 - Introduction to Graduate Education and Technology (1)
(Discipline specific section required first semester of enrollment.)
- ECE 507 - Assessment in Early Childhood Education (3)
- EFD 500 - Research in Education (3)
- *SPE 500 - Survey Course in Special Education (3)
(Students who have not previously satisfied the special education requirements at the undergraduate or graduate level must take SPE 500.)
- ECE 530 Practicum for Young Children (3)
- ECE 500 Materials and Methods (3)
- ECE 501 - Behavior and Development in Early Childhood (3)
- ECE 513 - Individualization of Education for Young Children (3)
- ECE 532 - Issues & Trends in Early Childhood Education (3)
- ECE 533 - Enhancing Learning Through Children’s Literature (3)
- ECE 538 - Teaching Reading in the ECE (3)
- ECE 539 - Teaching Writing in Early Childhood Education (3)
- ECE 540 - Intervention in the ECE Classroom (3)
34-37* Graduate Semester Hours Required for this Degree
- Applicants to this program must hold bachelor’s level certification (fourth-year) in early childhood education P-3 or P-5 certification from Georgia.
- Completion of this program leads to eligibility for fifth-year (master’s) teacher certification in early childhood education (P-3).
- Candidates admitted (to enroll in courses in a Class A teaching field program) may complete no more than five approved program courses prior to unconditional admission to the program (this includes transfer credit).
- Students in this program are required to purchase College LiveText.