Master of Science in Education
MAJOR: EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION (P-3)
Core Requirements (7-10 semester hours):
Teaching Field Requirements (27 semester hours):
- ED 500 - Introduction to Graduate Education and Technology (1)
(Discipline specific section required first semester of enrollment.)
- ECE 507 - Assessment in Early Childhood Education (3)
- EFD 500 - Research in Education (3)
- *SPE 500 - Survey Course in Special Education (3)
(Students who have not previously satisfied the special education requirements at the undergraduate or graduate level must take SPE 500.)
- ECE 530 Practicum for Young Children (3)
- ECE 500 Materials and Methods (3)
- ECE 501 - Behavior and Development in Early Childhood (3)
- ECE 513 - Individualization of Education for Young Children (3)
- ECE 532 - Issues & Trends in Early Childhood Education (3)
- ECE 533 - Enhancing Learning Through Children’s Literature (3)
- RDG 538 - Teaching Reading in the ECE (3)
- ECE 539 - Teaching Writing in Early Childhood Education (3)
- ECE 540 - Intervention in the ECE Classroom (3)
34-37* Graduate Semester Hours Required for this Degree
- Applicants to this program must hold bachelor’s level certification (fourth-year) in early childhood education P-3 or P-5 certification from Georgia.
- Completion of this program leads to eligibility for fifth-year (master’s) teacher certification in early childhood education (P-3).
- Candidates admitted (to enroll in courses in a Class A teaching field program) may complete no more than five approved program courses prior to unconditional admission to the program (this includes transfer credit). Exceptions to this rule must be approved by th eDean of the College of Education and Professional Studies and the Dean/Associate Dean of Graduate Studies.
- Students in this program are required to purchase College LiveText.