Master of Science in Education
MAJOR: SECONDARY EDUCATION
TEACHING FIELD: BUSINESS MARKETING EDUCATION (6‐12)
Core Requirements (19‐22 semester hours):
- ED 500 - Introduction to Graduate Education and Technology (1)
(Discipline specific section required first semester of enrollment.)
- ESE 502 - Curriculum Development (3)
- EFD 560 - Psychological Principles of Learning (3)
- ESE 500 - Research and Statistics in Secondary Education (3)
- ESE 567 - Literacy Theory and Practice (3)
- *SPE 500 - Survey Course in Special Education (3)
(Students who have not previously satisfied the special education requirement at the undergraduate or graduate level must take SPE 500.)
Teaching Field Requirements (12 semester hours):
- BA 501 - Organizational Communication (3)
- ACC 512 - Accounting Information Analysis (3)
- MKT 513 - Marketing Administration (3)
- EC 515 - Managerial Economics (3)OR FIN 515 - Finanical Management (3)
31‐34* Graduate Semester Hours Required for this Degree
- Admission to this program requires a fourth‐year (bachelor’s) teaching certificate in Business Marketing Education.
- Completion of this program leads to eligibility for fifth‐year (master’s) teacher certification in Business Marketing Education.
- This major requires a minimum GPA of 3.0 in the course work in the teaching field. Transfer credit cannot be used to raise the GPA in this teaching field course work to the required 3.0.
- Candidates admitted (to enroll in courses in a Class A teaching field program) may complete no more than five approved program courses prior to unconditional admission to the program (this includes transfer credit).
- Students in this program are required to purchase College LiveText. College
- LiveText Education Solutions is a complete development, management, and assessment solution specifically designed for colleges and universities.
- Additional information on College LiveText can be obtained at http://www.livetext.com.