MAJOR: SECONDARY EDUCATION
TEACHING FIELD: BUSINESS MARKETING EDUCATION (6‐12)
Core Requirements (19‐22 semester hours):
- ED 500 - Introduction to Graduate Education and Technology (1)
(Discipline specific section required first semester of enrollment.)
- EFD 502 - Curriculum Development (3)
- EFD 560 - Psychological Principles of Learning (3)
- ESE 500 - Research and Statistics in Secondary Education (3)
- ESE 567 - Literacy Theory and Practice (3)
- MFG 511 - Manufacturing Comp./Info. Systems (3)
- *SPE 500 - Survey Course in Special Education (3)
(Students who have not previously satisfied the special education requirement at the undergraduate or graduate level must take SPE 500.)
Choose one from the following:
- EFD 531 - Philosophy of Education (3)
- EFD 532 - Social Foundations of Education (3)
- EAD 564 - Law and Politics (3)
Teaching Field Requirements (12 semester hours):
- BA 501 - Organizational Communication (3)
- ACC 512 - Accounting Information Analysis (3)
- MKT 513 - Marketing Administration (3)
- EC 515 - Managerial Economics (3)
- FIN 515 Financial Management (3)
Elective (3 semester hours):
- By faculty advisement, 3 graduate semester hours of electives must be selected from courses numbered at the 400G or 500 levels.
34‐37 Graduate Semester Hours Required for this Degree
- Admission to this program requires a fourth‐year (bachelor’s) teaching certificate in Business Marketing Education.
- Completion of this program leads to eligibility for fifth‐year (master’s) teacher certification in Business Marketing Education.
- This major requires a minimum GPA of 3.0 in the course work in the teaching field. Transfer credit cannot be used to raise the GPA in this teaching field course work to the required 3.0.
- Students in this program are required to purchase College LiveText. College
- LiveText Education Solutions is a complete development, management, and assessment solution specifically designed for colleges and universities.
- Additional information on College LiveText can be obtained at http://www.livetext.com.