CONCENTRATION: TEACHER LEADER
Core Requirements (30 -33 semester hours):
- EFD 615 - Leadership in Education (3)
- EFD 620 - Measurement and Evaluation (3)
- EFD 633 - Funding for School Improvement (3)
- IL 650 - Seminar in Curriculum Development (3)
- IL 614 - Internship in Personnel Development I (3)
- IL 620 - Internship in Personnel Development II (3)
- EFD 670 - Facilitating Quality Instruction in Mathematics with Colleagues (3)
- EFD 672 - Facilitating Quality Instruction in Literacy with Colleagues (3)
- EFD 691 - Advanced Research in Education I (3)
- EFD 692 - Advanced Research in Education II (3)
- *SPE 500 - Survey Course in Special Education (3)
(Students who have not previously satisfied the special Education requirement at the undergraduate or graduate level must take SPE 500.)
30 - 33* Graduate Semester Hours Required for this Degree
- Admission to this program requires fifth-year (master's) certification in any teaching field and a minimum of three full years of full-time teaching experience in a P-12 setting.
- An overall GPA of 3.25 on a 4.0 scale on all coursework attempted tis required for this program. Courses used toward the master's degree or fifth-year/master's certification may not be repeated or counted for the Ed.S. degree.
- Individuals must be unconditionally admitted to the Class AA instructional leadership program or the Class AA teacher leader program before enrolling in any leadership courses in the program.
- Students in this program are required to purchase College LiveText. College LiveText Education Solutions is a complete development, management, and assessment solution specifically designed for colleges and universities. Additional information on College LiveText can be obtained at http://www.livetext.com.
- The purposes of a Class AA program shall be to prepare educators on the sixth year level to serve effectively in instructional support positions. Persons who complete Class AA programs shall have acquired knowledge and skills above the level required for completion of a Class A program.
- Candidates admitted (to enroll in courses in a Class AA teaching field program) may complete no more than five approved program courses prior to unconditional admission to the program (this includes transfer credit).