Instructional Leadership (P-12)
Core Requirements (30 semester hours):
- EFD 615 - Leadership in Education (3)
- IL 612 - Planning and Managing Facilities and Programs (3)
- IL 614 - Internship in Personnel Development I (3)
- IL 620 - Internship in Personnel Development II (3)
- IL 632 - Research in Instructional Leadership (3)
- IL 650 - Seminar in Curriculum Development (3)
- IL 691 - Problems in Instructional Leadership I and Internship (3)
- EFD 620 - Measurement and Evaluation (3)
- IL 692 - Problems in Instructional Leadership II and Internship (3)
- EFD 633 - Funding for School Improvement (3)
- SPE 500 - Survey Course in Special Education (3)
(Students who have not previously satisfied the Special Education requirement at the undergraduate or graduate level must take SPE 500.)
30 - 33 Graduate Semester Hours Required for this Degree
- Admission to this program requires fifth-year (master’s) teacher certification in (instructional leadership).
- Completion of this program leads to eligibility for sixth-year teacher certification in instructional leadership (P-12).
- An overall GPA of 3.25 on a 4.0 scale on all course work attempted is required for this program. Courses used toward the master’s degree or fifth-year/master’s certification may not be repeated or counted for the Ed.S. degree.
- Individuals must be unconditionally admitted to the Class AA instructional leadership orgram or th eClass AA teacher leader program before enrolling in any leadership courses in the program.
- The purposes of a Class AA program shall be to prepare educators on the sixth-year level to serve effectively in instructional support positions. Persons who complete Class AA programs shall have acquired knowledge and skills above the level required for completion of a Class A program.
- Candidates admitted (to enroll in courses in a Class A teaching field program) may complete no more than five approved program courses prior to unconditional admisson to the program (this includes transfer credit).