LOCATION: Music Department - Jazz
|BEGINNING: August 28, 2012||ENDING: December 21, 2012|
|POSTED: June 27, 2012||REAPPOINTMENT: Possible|
|SEMESTER AVAILABLE: Fall 2012||POSITIONS AVAILABLE: 1|
Under the supervision of the Director of Jazz Studies and the Director of Percussion Studies, serve as a graduate assistant, assist in providing direction of jazz ensembles. Also may be required to perform in a percussion ensemble as necessary. Applicant must have previous coursework covering theory of music as well as possess appropriate applied music skills in percussion.
- Applicants must possess the ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Applicant must possess appropriate undergraduate degree in music from regionally accredited institution.
- Applicant must have previous coursework covering theory of music as well as possess appropriate applied music skills in the Jazz idiom, especially in percussion.
- Prior experience in instrumental conducting desirable.
- Preference will be given in consideration of applicant's grade point average in music as well as overall grade point average.
- Preference will be given to applicants with demonstrated relevant administrative and computer skills appropriate to music.
- Applicants must agree to enroll in a JSU graduate program in music (taking at least six (6) graduate hours per semester) and maintain good standing.
- Applicants must possess organizational, managerial and teaching skills appropriate for the administration of a large musical ensemble.
$520 per month (max 20 hours per week) plus tuition for six (6) graduate semester hours per fall and spring semesters and a total of six (6) graduate semester hours during the summer terms.
College of Graduate Studies
700 Pelham Road North
Jacksonville State University
Jacksonville, AL 36265-1602
Three (3) letters of recommendation (at least one by a faculty member with whom you have studied)
Applications are accepted at any time. To maintain an active status of your file an update of the application must be completed prior to each semester online at www.jsu.edu/graduate/gradassist.html. Applications may be reviewed at any time and positions filled.
Jacksonville State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.