LOCATION: University Library - Circulation Department- FILLED
|APPOINTMENT: By semester|
|BEGINNING: May 1, 2013||ENDING: July 31, 2013|
|SEMESTER AVAILABLE: SUMMER 2013||POSITIONS AVAILABLE: 2|
Serving as a graduate assistant in the circulation department under the supervision of User Services Supervisor. The work is of a clerical nature utilizing the Library's integrated computerized system. Performs routine office tasks related to the charging and discharging of materials at several Library service points; assists in the preparation of statistical reports; conducts outlined opening and closing procedures; assists patrons in operation of reader/printers; participates in stack maintenance; provides preliminary basic screening and initial services to patrons/customers and refers unique/complex situations to a higher level for action; performs non-standard duties as assigned.
- Applicants must agree to enroll in a JSU graduate program (taking at least six (6) graduate hours per semester) and must maintain good standing
- Applicants must possess the ability to communicate effectively in English
- Applicants must demonstrate both the willingness and ability to work cooperatively with staff and students; multicultural exposure is preferred
- Preference will be given to applicants who have experience in the kinds of duties required for this position
- Preference will be given to applicants with demonstrated relevant administrative and computer skills
$520 per month (max 20 hours per week) plus tuition for six (6) graduate semester hours per fall and spring semesters and a total of six (6) graduate semester hours during the summer terms.
College of Graduate Studies
700 Pelham Road North
Jacksonville State University
Jacksonville, AL 36265-1602
Three (3) letters of recommendation (at least one by a faculty member with whom you have studied)
Applications are accepted at any time. To maintain an active status of your file an update of the application must be completed prior to each semester online at www.jsu.edu/graduate//docs/gradassist.pdf. Applications may be reviewed at any time and positions filled.
Jacksonville State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.