LOCATION: Music Department - Trumpet Studio
|BEGINNING: January 6, 2013||ENDING: April 26, 2013|
|SEMESTER AVAILABLE: Spring 2013||POSITIONS AVAILABLE: 1|
Under the supervision of the Professor of Trumpet, serve as a graduate teaching assistant in the Trumpet Studio, assist in providing instruction on trumpet performance, conduct studio classes as needed, oversee the efficient operation of the trumpet studio, and perform other associated duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Applicant must have previous coursework covering theory of music as well as possess appropriate applied music skills on trumpet and brass instruments.
- Applicants must agree to enroll in a JSU graduate program (taking at least six (6) graduate hours per semester) and must maintain good standing
- Applicants must possess the ability to communicate effectively in English
- Applicants must demonstrate both the willingness and ability to work cooperatively with staff and students; multicultural exposure is preferred
- Preference will be given to applicants who have experience in the kinds of duties required for this position
- Preference will be given to applicants with demonstrated relevant administrative and computer skills
- Applicant must possess appropriate undergraduate degree in music from regionally accredited institution
- Preference will be given in consideration of applicant's grade point average in music as well as overall grade point average
- Preference will be given to applicants with demonstrated relevant administrative and computer skills appropriate to music
- Applicants must possess organizational, managerial and teaching skills sppropriate for the administration of a large musical ensemble
$520 per month (max 20 hours per week) plus tuition for six (6) graduate semester hours per fall and spring semesters and a total of six (6) graduate semester hours during the summer terms.
College of Graduate Studies
700 Pelham Road North
Jacksonville State University
Jacksonville, AL 36265-1602
Three (3) letters of recommendation (at least one by a faculty member with whom you have studied
Applications are accepted at any time. To maintain an active status of your file an update of the application must be completed prior to each semester online at www.jsu.edu/graduate/gradassist.html. Applications may be reviewed at any time and positions filled.
Jacksonville State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.