Ways to Give
There are many ways to support Jacksonville State University. Gifts may be unrestricted in use, be targeted to a particular purpose or program, or you may designate that the gift be placed in an endowment. We have provided a list of the ways you can help support the University. Whichever method you choose, be assured that your generosity will make a difference.
- Outright Gifts - Outright gifts are gifts of cash, credit card charges, appreciated securities (shares of stock or mutual funds), or other property. These gifts provide the University with immediate financial assistance. This method is the simplest and most frequently used method of providing outright support through the JSU Foundation. Outright gifts can be claimed on your federal tax return, as well as some state returns to the extent allowed by law.
- Gifts in Honor, Gifts in Memory - Gifts may be made in honor or memory of a loved one, friend or colleague or to commemorate a special occasion.
- Gift Pledges - A pledge is a formal statement of intention to make a gift to the JSU Foundation. The pledge may be followed by an immediate gift, or you may complete your gift pledge by making regular payments over a period of time.
- Matching Gifts - Many corporations match gifts made by employees, retirees, family members, and directors to charitable institutions. You receive recognition from the JSU Foundation for every dollar you give and every dollar contributed through the matching gift program.
- Gifts to Endowment - An endowment is a fund that is set aside for a specific purpose. A gift to endowment demonstrates a long-term commitment to the University.
- Planned Giving - There are a number of methods by which donors can make sizable future gifts to the JSU Foundation while enjoying increased income and reduced taxes. Planned gifts are gift arrangements that have specific tax advantages and often include lifetime income to a beneficiary(ies) named by the donor. A planned gift maximizes your giving potential and can even allow you to ensure your future financial security or that of a loved one. Gifts can be made using cash, securities, bonds, real estate, or personal property. It is important that you seek legal and tax counsel, where appropriate. The Foundation's Executive Director and University's Director of University Development will be pleased to discuss planned giving programs and gift opportunities with you on a completely confidential basis. They may be reached by mail at JSU Foundation, Inc., 700 Pelham Road North, Jacksonville, AL 36265-1602, or by phone at (256) 782-5306 or (800) 231-5291 extension 5306. Or e-mail email@example.com.
- Giving Societies - The Foundation recognizes alumni, friends, organizations and businesses that understand the importance of private support of the University with several recognition levels distinguishing those who have provided significant support at society and club giving levels.
Because the JSU Foundation is a non-profit organization, most gifts qualify for a federal, and often state, income tax charitable deduction. All gifts to the Foundation are acknowledged, receipted, and recognized at the appropriate level. Please discuss potential tax advantages and other aspects of charitable giving with your attorney, tax advisor or financial planner.