The JSU application period ended March 1, 2013.
The 2013 Scholarship Committee will convene in April to make selection of recipients for the 2013-2014 academic year. Students will receive notification of the status of their application after May 1. Scholarship notification will be done through the Student JSU email account.
The new application will be available October 1, 2013 - March 1, 2014.
Questions concerning the JSU Scholarship program or scholarship application(s) can be addressed to Martin Weldon or Rhonda Noah at email@example.com. Always include your JSU Student ID number in your correspondence. Our office is located in Room 105, Bibb Graves Hall.
Apply for JSU scholarships using the online application. After you have submitted your online application, please monitor your JSU GEM email account for scholarship messages from our office. These messages will only be sent to your JSU GEM account. You can log on to your account by selecting this link - JSU - and then select the GEM tab at the top of the screen. Your logon information is listed on your JSU Admissions letter. All scholarship recipients will be notified by JSU email which is sent to the students JSU GEM account.
Selection of scholarship recipients at JSU is highly competitive. Students may apply for all scholarships, except the Leadership and Valedictorian, online. Entering freshman (2013 High school graduating class) Academic Scholar scholarship recipients are notified immediately after submission of the online application and upon receipt of official ACT/SAT test scores and unconditional acceptance. It is the student's responsibility to notify the JSU Scholarship Office in the event you retake the ACT or SAT and score higher. If you qualify for a higher academic scholarship you will have to forfeit the lower of the two.
Students applying for the Leadership and Valedictorian Scholarships must use the paper application and follow the instructions. Supporting documentation (if required) should be mailed with the completed application. Both front and back pages are required for the Leadership Scholarship. Incomplete applications will be returned and not processed.
Most scholarships are based on the applicant's academic or extracurricular record, while some are based on demonstrated financial need. Students must complete a scholarship application to be considered for those scholarships on the University Scholarship listing. Those requesting scholarships based on need should also submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The quickest way to apply is online at www.fafsa.gov.
The 2014 Scholarship Committee will convene in April to make selection of recipients for the 2014-2015 academic year. Students will receive notification of the status of their application after May 1.
You can check on the status of your scholarship application(s) by contacting our office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Always include your JSU Student ID number in your correspondence.
The following are suggestions to assist in applying:
- Students must be unconditionally admitted to Jacksonville State University before being considered eligible for a scholarship.
- All documents must be received by the March 1 scholarship deadline.
- All scholarships are for one year, unless otherwise specified.
- All applicants must provide a street address. Include P. O. Box number if mailing address is different than street address.
- All applicants must provide their given birth name and a JSU Student ID number. All scholarship recipients will be notified by JSU email which is sent to the students JSU GEM account. Letters will be mailed to the address listed on their admissions application. Confirmation of receipt of online applications cannot be made without a valid return email address.
- No results will be given over the telephone.
All tuition scholarships are at the in-state rate. Full tuition is up to 16 hours per semester, and each hour is computed at the traditional classroom tuition fee. One year scholarships are awarded for the incoming Fall and Spring semesters. Unused hours will not be carried forward to any other semesters. Generally, scholarships designated for tuition fees cannot be used for any other expenses.*
University Housing is valued at the Double Occupancy Housing rate at the University Housing office. Scholarships designated for housing fees cannot be used for any other expenses. Scholarships offering housing and meal plans are a package that cannot be separated.*
Meal plans are valued at the On-Campus Resident Program and are available at the University Dining Hall. Scholarships designated for meal plans cannot be used for any other expenses. Scholarships offering housing and meal plans are a package that cannot be separated.*
Book scholarships are valued at $450.00 per semester and are available at the University Book Store. Scholarships designated for books cannot be used for any other expenses.
* Under certain circumstances the awarding of multiple scholarships and the application of these is to combine (or stack) the scholarships, with non-academic scholarships taking priority to pay tuition first. Where the student has been awarded both a non-academic scholarship and an academic scholarship after the non-academic scholarship(s) is fully utilized only then may an academic scholarship be converted to room and/or meals. All conversions are subject to the limits set forth. Housing is limited to the double occupancy rate of the traditional freshman university halls. Meals are limited to the required residential meal plan if residing in university dorm. If there is no required meal plan the conversion will be limited to a commuter meal plan.
Awarding of scholarships does affect the amount of federal financial aid for which students are eligible.
Questions concerning the awarding and disbursement of Scholarships can be addressed to Martin Weldon at email@example.com or by telephone at (256) 782-8385. Always include your JSU Student ID number in your correspondence. Our office is located in Room 106, Bibb Graves Hall
March 1, 2014, is the absolute deadline to apply for 2014 - 2015 scholarships, and you must be unconditionally admitted to JSU.