2. Check your JSU Email for notifications from our office.
The first notification should pertain to the completion of your file. Once you receive the notification, log onto MyJSU and follow the instructions located at the end of the email to see if additional paperwork is needed for your file. Downloading, completing, and returning your paper work to our office quickly will help in processing your aid.
3. Continue to check MyJSU; it is your source for information from our office. If your file is complete, watch for your Offer of Financial Aid e-mail.
4. Once you receive notification of your Offer of Financial Aid via your GEM email, log onto MyJSU and follow the instructions located at the email to accept/decline and/or decrease your offered amounts.
The Offer of Financial Aid email will contain specific information about each type of aid that may have been offered to you. It will also contain instructions to view and accept/decline and/ or decrease your offered aid. Please note that most often the amount listed in your offer includes both the fall and spring terms. If you still have questions, please contact our office.
5. Complete your Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note (MPN.)
Instructions are provided in the Offer of Financial Aid email, and at FAQ & Hints.
6. We will contact you regarding your financial aid through your GEM account, and an active message will be posted in the Financial Aid Status section of MyJSU.
Please check both systems regularly for up-to-date information.