You can apply to the English Language Institute in three easy steps.
Step 1: Send us an application.
- Check the application deadlines on the academic calendar at the bottom of this page before starting the application process.
- Then fill out the online application (Apply Online) and submit it to us electronically. Or, if you prefer, you may print and use the Downloadable Application (PDF format) and mail or fax it to us using the contact information provided below.
Step 2: Send us your ELI Student Financial Statement.
- Print the ELI Student Financial Statement (PDF format) and complete it.
- Scan and then email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send the form by fax to (256) 782-8377.
Step 3: Pay the application and mailing fees.
- The application fee is $35 and the mailing fee is $50*. Acceptance packets are sent by USPS International Express Mail. If DHL is preferred, an additional mailing fee will be due for this service. The program coordinator will advise the student of these charges.
*To pay the application/mailing fees by credit card, please call the Institute directly at (256) 782-8350 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Central time (Monday-Friday). Please be prepared to provide credit card type, name on card, number, expiration date, and security code. JSU accepts Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. For security reasons, we request that you do not email or fax your credit card information.
No acceptance packet can be processed and mailed until all three steps are completed.
ELI Contact Information
English Language Institute
Jacksonville State University
700 Pelham Road North
Jacksonville, Alabama 36265
Telephone - (256) 782-8350
Fax - (256) 782-8377