Dr. Kim Townsel
- Ed.D The University of Alabama, AL
- M.S. The University of Alabama, AL
- CLAD, University of Los Angeles, CA
- B.S. Jacksonville State University, AL
National Board Certified for Professional Teaching Standards
Over 21 years of teaching experience in Alabama and California
ACTE, AAFCS, Delta Kappa Gamma, Phi Delta Kappa, Golden Key, and National Association for the Teacher Educators for Family & Consumer Sciences
Courses Currently Taught
- CTE 444 Assessments in CTE
- CTE 544 Assessments for Career & Technical Education
- CTE 460 Practicum in CTE
- CTE 506 Practicum in CTE
- CTE 461 Effective Teaching Methods of CTE
- CTE 516 CTE Teaching Methods
- CTE 362 Principles of Career & Technical Education
- ED 495/ED 595 Internship in School
- ED 496/ED 596 Reflective Practices
- FCS 200 Seminar in Family & Consumer Sciences
- FCS 371 Management of Family Resources
Current Committees at JSU
- CAEP Committee (2014-2016)
- Web Migration (2010-2016)
Townsel, K. (2016). Exploring Diversity and Professionalism with Preservice Teachers using Film Clips as Prompts. The Delta Kappa Gamma Bulletin, 82(3).
Goodwin, D. K., Roberts, W. T., Boggs, R., Townsel, K., Frazier, J., & Marsh, J. (2014). AAFCS Accreditation: From Dream to Reality at Jacksonville State University. Journal of Family & Consumer Sciences, 106(3), 48-52.
Ryan, K. & Townsel, K. (2010). Career and technical teacher preparation at Jacksonville State University. Techniques, 85(1), 34-37.
College Skills 101. (2010).
TEEN 101. (2010).
School Skills 101: Get Better Grades, Save Time, And Reduce Stress. (2009).
Secondary Teaching 101: Teach Smarter, Not Harder. (2009).
Career and Technical Education programs
(all lead to Teacher Certification with the Alabama State Department of Education)
- Family & Consumer Science Education Undergraduate
- Business Marketing Education Undergraduate
Contact the Teacher Education Services or Dr. Kim Townsel for more information.
- Alternative Fifth-Year Program Master of Science in Education Secondary Education Family and Consumer Science Education
- Alternative Fifth-Year Program Master of Science in Education Secondary Business Education
- Master of Education in Family and Consumer Science (candidate is already certified to teach and holds a FCS undergraduate degree)
- Master of Education in Business Education (candidate is already certified to teach and holds a BME undgraduate degree)
For a one-page information sheet, click below:
FCS Graduate Programs
BME Graduate Programs
Graduate School admission information.
Teacher Education Program application information
Professional links for CTE Teacher Candidates and CTE Graduate Students
Alabama Career Information Network
Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE)
Alabama CTE Career Clusters, Pathways, and Course Work
Alabama CTE Course Standards
Alabama BIC and ALSDE CTE links