Currently enrolled in the Instructional Leadership Doctoral Program, The University of Alabama, AL
• M.S. The University of Alabama, AL
• CLAD, University of Los Angeles, CA
• B.S. Jacksonville State University, AL
National Board Certified for Professional Teaching Standards
Over 18 years of teaching experience in Alabama and California
NEA, AEA, Delta Kappa Gamma, Phi Delta Kappan, ACTE, AAFCS.
Courses Currently Taught
- CTE 460 Practicum in CTE
- CTE 461 Effective Teaching Methods of CTE
- CTE 362 Principles of Career & Technical Education
- ED/CTE 495 Internship in School
- ED/CTE 496 Reflective Practices
- FCS 200 Seminar in Family & Consumer Sciences
- FCS 322 Normal Nutrition
- FCS 371 Management of Family Resources
Current Committees at JSU:
- Classroom Management (2010-2012; Chair 2011-2012)
- Curriculum (2010-2013) Co-chair (2011-2013)
- Faculty Evaluation/College Assessment (2010-2013)
- Distance Learning (2011-2013)
- NCATE -- Standard 1
- NCATE -- Standard 2
- NCATE -- Standard 3
- Web Migration (2010-2013)
Ryan, K. and Townsel, K. (2010, January). Teacher preparation at JSU. Techniques, pp. 34-7.
School Skills 101: Get Better Grades, Save Time, And Reduce Stress. (2009).
Secondary Teaching 101 : Teach Smarter, Not Harder. (2009).
TEEN 101. (2010).
College Skills 101. (2010).
Career and Technical Education programs
that lead to Teacher Certification with the Alabama State Department of Education:
- Family & Consumer Science Education
- Business Marketing Education
Contact the Teacher Education Services Center or Kim Townsel for more information.
The Master of Education in Family and Consumer Science and Alternative Fifth-Year Program Master of Science in Education Secondary Education Family and Consumer Science Education begin new cohorts this fall.
Professional links for CTE Teacher Candidates and CTE Graduate Students
Jacksonville State University
Jacksonville, Alabama 36265-1602