Jill Marsh is an instructor of Child Growth and Development courses in the Department of Family and Consumer Sciences. Her interests include the developmental stages of early childhood for both the typical and atypical child. Mrs. Marsh has a background in Family and Consumer Science Education as well as Collaborative Education.
She is Director/Teacher of the Dr. Cynthia H. Harper Child Study Center at Jacksonville State University. The Center supports the instructional goals of the Department of Family and Consumer Sciences, and provides students and faculty opportunities for study and research related to the child. Additionally, the center gives students enrolled in University courses opportunities to work with children in the pre-school setting and provides children enrolled in the Center an environment that will promote optimum development.
• Ed.S. Collaborative Education – Jacksonville State University, AL - 2009
• M.Ed. Vocational Home Economics Education – Auburn University, AL - 1994
• B.S. Vocational Home Economics Education – Auburn University, AL – 1989
Alabama Teacher Certification
Class AA – Collaborative Education (K-6)
Class A – Family and Consumer Sciences Education (7-12)
Class B – Family and Consumer Sciences Education (7-12)
Current Committees at JSU:
- Scholarship Oversight Committee
- NCATE – Conceptual Framework Committee
- Department of Family and Consumer Sciences AAFCS Accreditation Committee
Jacksonville State University
Jacksonville, Alabama 36265-1602