MASTER OF SCIENCE IN EDUCATION MAJOR: LIBRARY MEDIA (P-12)
Core Requirements (4-7 semester hours):
ED 500 Introduction to Graduate Education and Technology (1)
(Discipline-specific section required first semester of enrollment.)
EFD 500 Research in Education (3)
*SPE 500 Survey Course in Special Education (3)
(Students who have not previously satisfied the special education requirement at the undergraduate or graduate level must take SPE 500.)
Choose one from the following:
EFD 502 Curriculum Development (3)
EFD 531 Philosophy of Education (3)
EFD 532 Social Foundations of Education (3)
EFD 560 Psychological Principles of Learning (3)
EFD 594 Seminar in Contemporary Education (3)
Instructional Technology Courses (3 semester hours):
EIM 504 Current and Emerging Instructional Technologies (3)
Library Media Courses (27 semester hours):
LM 510 Library Media Programs (3)
LM 511 Collection Development (3)
LM 512 Children and Young Adult Literature (3)
LM 513 Management of Media Centers (3)
LM 514 Classification and Cataloging of Media (3)
LM 515 Internship in Media Services (3)
LM 520 Reference Materials (3)
LM 550 Technology in Media Centers (3)
LM 555 Instructional Design (3)
37-40* Graduate Semester Hours Required for this Degree
- Admission to this program requires fourth-year (bachelor’s) teacher certification in any area of education.
- Completion of this program leads to eligibility for fifth-year (master’s) teacher certification in library media (P-12).
- Successful completion of the appropriate Praxis II examination is required prior to Internship, LM 515.
- Experience verification from the applicant’s school system or systems showing two years of teaching experience is required prior to graduation from the program.
- Students in this program are required to purchase College LiveText. College LiveText Education Solutions is a complete development, management, and assessment solution specifically designed for colleges and universities.