Library Media Applications Checklist
Library Media Home
Admission to Graduate Studies
Important dates for applications and receipt of all required application materials for the Ed.S. or M.S.E. Library Media programs are:
- Priority to applicants who submit by July 1 for fall admission,
- Priority to applicants who submit by November 1 for spring admission, and
- Priority to applicants who submit by April 1 for summer admission.
Additional admission criteria can be found in the Bulletin.
To be considered for admission to the educational specialist or a master’s degree program, all of the following documentation must be submitted to the College of Graduate Studies, Jacksonville State University, 700 Pelham Road North, Jacksonville, Alabama 36265-1602.
- Non-refundable $35 application processing fee
- Official transcript(s) from all postsecondary institutions attended
- Alabama State Department of Education FBI and ABI Background Clearance
- Official test scores on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT), General Test of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), or the Miller Analogies Test (MAT)
- Three letters of recommendation to include the candidate’s principal or supervisor
- Official copy of the candidate’s Alabama Class "A" Professional Educator Certificate in a teaching field or an Alabama Class "A" Professional Educator Certificate in a teaching field or instructional support area
- Current professional vita or resume
- Successfully completed interview process