Admission to Graduate Studies
Important dates for applications and receipt of all required application materials for the Ed.S. or M.S.E. Library Media programs are:
- Priority to applicants who submit by July 1 for fall admission,
- Priority to applicants who submit by November 1 for spring admission, and
- Priority to applicants who submit by April 1 for summer admission.
Additional admission criteria can be found in the Bulletin.
To be considered for admission to the educational specialist or a master’s degree program, all of the following documentation must be submitted to the College of Graduate Studies, Jacksonville State University, 700 Pelham Road North, Jacksonville, Alabama 36265-1602.
- Completed JSU Graduate Application for Admission
- Non-refundable $30.00 application processing fee
- Official transcript(s) from all postsecondary institutions attended
- Alabama State Department of Education FBI and ABI Background Clearance
- Official test scores on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT), General Test of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), or the Miller Analogies Test (MAT)
- Three letters of recommendation to include the candidate’s principal or supervisor
- Official copy of the candidate’s Alabama Class "A" Professional Educator Certificate in a teaching field or an Alabama Class "A" Professional Educator Certificate in a teaching field or instructional support area
- Current professional vita or resume
- Successfully completed interview process