The Collaborative K-6 & 6-12 Dual Certification Program (tentative for Fall 2014) supports the JSU learning-centered mission through development of culturally sensitve collaborative teachers who create and implement:
- Universally designed classroom environments
- Standards based data-drive individual education programs
- Collaborative and co-teaching strategies
- Creative, differentiated, and diverse instruction
- Positive behavioral supports
You can successfully complete the Collaborative K-6 & 6-12 program of study and be eligible to apply for Class B Alabama Teacher Certification in K-6 and 6-12 Collaborative Education. You will take courses on: assistive/educational technology, diversity and responsive teaching, collaboration in elementary and secondary classrooms, methods in autism spectrum disorders, augmentative and alternative communication, and collaborative reading and math methods.